The Official Guitar Thread

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
I searched and I think the thread from before the crash is gone... so I decided to make a new one. Post up pics of those crazy guitars you have.

Art & Lutherie Acoustic

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Crafter Cruiser

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Here are a few pics of my stuff.

My BC Rich Beast.
p492929_1.jpg

My Renegade that I've had forever, but can't play anymore because the body is cracking :wtc:
p492929_2.jpg

My Boss pedal which is awesome.
p492929_3.jpg

And both guitars and my Fender amp, which I love :love:
p492929_4.jpg

I might have another guitar soon, it's a Fender Strat but I dunno if I'm still getting it or not. I gotta talk to my friend and see if she got it back or not.

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
Ive got the following with pics to come later:

Gibson Les Paul Standard Lefty Ebony w/ black pick guard
Gibson SG Lefty Cherryburst
Fender Mexican Lefty Strat White Cream
ESP M-700 Lefty 7 string
Aslin Dane PRS copy
Fender Strat Bass

Marshall JCM800 1989 model
Marshall 4x12 Cab

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Mesa 4x12 Cab

Misc rack mount electronics and pedals

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Anomili said:
Awesome guitars, no one else plays acoustic eh?

Ive played acoustics before, but they just arent the same for me, I guess its because I have 0 experience with them, but I cant ever get a quality sound out of them.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
I have a little collection of stuff. I have a Gibson SG with flip-flop paint and Fender custom shop, an EKO 12 string acoustic, an Ibanez Performer acoustic, and a Squier bass. The amp i have is a Marshall MG100HDFX with a Marshall 4x12 cabinet. The drumset it a Ludwig, I dont know anything else about it. Its my friends, but i am slowly teaching myself how to play them.

bandroom5xn.jpg

guitars2ug.jpg

The Gibson has a new bridge pickup. Its a Gibson dirty fingers pickup, the stock one wasnt loud enough for me.

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
I have a Jackson Dxmg and an Epiphone SG that is signed by Kerry King from Slayer. As for amps I use a Peavy XXX head through my old Crate 12x2 amp.(Just use the Crate for the speakers.) Just a Dimebag wha for effects.

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
I forgot to mention my amp. I use the guitar port for my electric so I can record directly to my computer and play things through my computer speakers. As for the acoustic guitar, I played classical for a couple of years and I love the sound of a good acoustic guitar.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
I sometimes play acoustic, my sister has one but I don't. My Mom's b/f has a really nice acoustic, IIRC it's a Jackson. I really liked playing that, too bad I moved away.

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Loki said:
Here are a few pics of my stuff.

My BC Rich Beast.
p493480_1.jpg

My Renegade that I've had forever, but can't play anymore because the body is cracking :wtc:
p493480_2.jpg

My Boss pedal which is awesome.
p493480_3.jpg

And both guitars and my Fender amp, which I love :love:
p493480_4.jpg

I might have another guitar soon, it's a Fender Strat but I dunno if I'm still getting it or not. I gotta talk to my friend and see if she got it back or not.

what up LOKI,
that looks like a warlock ?
beast huh ?
guess I've been out of the metal electric for awhile....

pics are in near future..
I got about 7 cheap accoustics.
one accoustic "ovation" that the X, or g/f that I smashed to pieces back in the summer,

an my 2 babies, a "MARTIN" accoustc/electric DCME
AN white "LES PAUL"

Will

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
SG's are very light if weight is an issue for you. Personally, I could never replace playing the Les Paul with anything. Even at 13lbs, playing shows for 40 minutes didnt hurt. Sure its heavy but you dont notice at the time. Maybe a little once off stage but not during a show. I also think that the SG lays kinda strange on a strap...like it wants to lean forward. But otherwise a great guitar.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
HIDPLANET said:
SG's are very light if weight is an issue for you. Personally, I could never replace playing the Les Paul with anything. Even at 13lbs, playing shows for 40 minutes didnt hurt. Sure its heavy but you dont notice at the time. Maybe a little once off stage but not during a show. I also think that the SG lays kinda strange on a strap...like it wants to lean forward. But otherwise a great guitar.
yea, sgs are really light, when I first got mine the weight between the sg and jackson was like comparing the weight of a supra to a civic lol