The "No more 7m" Swap

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I regret to inform all of the members here, that im going non-toyota as my swap choice. Yesterday i picked up my 6.0(LQ4) Dropout. The only reason im making a big deal about this is because this goes against everthing ive ever argued about swaps..but it all comes down to the same thing at the end of the day. There is no Replacement For Displacement.And......Chevy parts are dirt cheap. Anyways The plans as of now are to sell the 4l80e in replacement for a 4l60. I will prob throw a convertor(prob a yank 3600stall) in before i put it all in. Im going to base the mounts from the pictures of how Ian Did his. Im going to keep it all motor for now, once the engine is in and all querks are worked out i will start with the minors
l92 Heads w/ l76 intake
Patriot Gold Springs kit
Ms4 Cam 111lsa
After i get used to how this setup runs i will start on the Turbo setup.
This car will be mainly a drag car but will still be street driven. Lots more to come, and Before i get flamed i will get pics asap.

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Pics will come Soon enough. Progress will be slow between work and school but i should have weekly updates if nothing else.
btw the car that is getting the swap is my avatar. The goal is to not cut it up because it is a 92,,,,,and deep down im still a Diehard Supra guy :)

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
When your doing mounts, think in reverse pull the I6 out bolt the trans back up and make a "jig" with the mounts still attached to the I6 engine and trans. That way you can see where your new mounts need to be without a car in the way, still plenty of test fits and tach welds are needed with the new engine and trans in the engine bay but doing it that way should make things easier, I didnt do that when I did my 1UZ-FE swap and I paid for it, I'm making new mounts now and since I didint do the "jig" I have no reference points for the new mounts.

Good luck!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Mounts are simple :)

lsx044.jpg

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
IJ.;1756525 said:
Mounts are simple :)

lsx044.jpg

Yes, That right there is exactly what im aiming for. i just need to search my supra pile for some pre 89 mounts.. i was going to try to make my solid mounts for my 92 work, but i believe they will be too tall.

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
limequat;1756537 said:
Welcome to the darkside. May I recommend the I6, though?

Eh.. if im going to have an I6 in the car i might as well stay 7m.. im really going for the extra cubes and in the long run i dont think the 4.2 would have the End result gains the 6.0 would have.. btw IJ i cant remeber did you use the stock fbody ls1 oil pan?

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
SupraSean;1756540 said:
Eh.. if im going to have an I6 in the car i might as well stay 7m.. im really going for the extra cubes and in the long run i dont think the 4.2 would have the End result gains the 6.0 would have.. btw IJ i cant remeber did you use the stock fbody ls1 oil pan?

Sweet. You gonna use the stock PCM?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
SupraSean;1756540 said:

2004 F Body Pan, Holly make a muscle car pan that will fit and might be a cheaper option.

Ditto on the Cubes, I considered a 1UZ but all that work for +1000cc didn't make sense when the 6.0L is about the same physical size.
(I still have those mounts and a full adaptor to use an A340E with the LS if anyone is interested)

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
Sacrilege!

What's the new Toy V8? That's an engine that would be worth the hassle, but possibly not the cost :)

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Which new V8? The 5.7 and 4.6 are both enormous engines. I mean fracking humongous! All the new engines are going that direction...

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
HMM,,,, and what would you want for said mounts? you have boggled my interest.:)
Btw I always thought the 2uz would be a fun swap. but yeah as much power as the 3ur makes, its too big for its own good lol

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
SupraSean;1756933 said:
HMM,,,, and what would you want for said mounts? you have boggled my interest.:)
Btw I always thought the 2uz would be a fun swap. but yeah as much power as the 3ur makes, its too big for its own good lol
Not a whole bunch, I also have the CNC T6 Bashguard and chassis brace needed for the swap ;)