the new supra

st2b

Banned
Sep 15, 2006
Versailles (Lex) Ky
www.myspace.com
Sounds good man. The amount of work, time, and money is going to shock and awe you.

But seriously? Why a V10? So you can tell everyone you have a V10?

I barely understand why people put 1UZ-FE's in their Supra. The 1j and 2j will be 4X Less than what it will be to do the V10 Swap.

So what's the benefit?

1. You proved somebody wrong?

and

2. You can say you have the only MkIII V10 Supra?

Sorry, I would take the money and spend it on 1j or 2j, they will put a bigger smile on my face over the V10 ANYDAY!

Shadow

87 1JZ-GTE Single Turbo
May 25, 2005
Windsor, Ct
I think he's looking for unique. If it were me, I would also spend the money on a 1J or 2J. However I'm still interested in the outcome. Not your money right? I just want to see it done.

SrT4_OwNeR

Nov 27, 2007
blahdy blah
why don't you ask top secret why they did the v-12? yea... i wouldn't mind a 1j or 2j like i said... but just the thought of a 10cyl supra... i mean... everyone has the 1j or 2j right? so whats so "custom" about that? a straight 10cyl supra is as custom as you can get... yea it's gonna be expensive and painstaking but im ready for it... im the kind of guy that loves to do things on his own... ever since i helped my dad build his kit car i've wanted to build my own car... fortunately im not gonna go into too much detail as far as throwing a viper body on the supra chassis but i just think a 10 cyl supra will open alot of people's eyes to the fact that anything is possible with the skill and hard work time and money... and it's like shadow said... im looking for unique... if you had 3 supras in a car show one with a 1j one with a 2j and one with a v-10 which do you think would win out of the 3? i honestly think the one with the v-10 would win because you see supras everyday with 1j's and 2j's but the judges would say the 10 cyl supra is more unique and takes the gold... and i chose the mkIII chassis because top secret did a v12 on a mkIV and everyone loved it... so now that the mkIV had it's reign it's time for the mkIII to have a chance... and if i could afford a lamborghini to buy and just tear apart i'd try a v-12 and honestly i don't think it would work... so im gonna go with the v-10... a v-8 is more realistic so the v-8 is out of the question... so i settled with a v-10.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Tax free monies!!!

The value of the V-10 front clip will be pretty fair if it doesn't work out anyway, so you're good there if you have to sell it for whatever reason.

I think your biggest problem will be the oil pan, IF the rest of the motor fits in the bay. Custom pickup, all that jazz.

Let us know anywho, it'd be cool to see a dry sump on it ;)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
st2b said:
I barely understand why people put 1UZ-FE's in their Supra. The 1j and 2j will be 4X Less than what it will be to do the V10 Swap.

So what's the benefit?

The more displacement, the more potential power on pump gas. Some people build their cars for 93, others for 116.

SrT4_OwNeR

Nov 27, 2007
blahdy blah
well my wife informed me about 10 minutes ago that the clip is on it's way... so give it a couple of days and i will have pics posted up

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Enough talk. Let the guy get home and get started on this I wouldn't mind seeing something new around here :p

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
do you plan on turbocharging the v10?

im curious the weight of the engine and which one you have? the 8.0 or bigger one you didnt give a year i think... and wondering how physically big the transmission is but if you think you can get the v10 to fit you can get the transmission to fit no problem heh. might as well beef up the rear end as well and curious as to what differential you are going to use hehe

supramike7m

92 teal-wn turbo
Jan 29, 2006
prescott, Arizona
sounds alright, i dont think it will fit though. that is a huge engine. yeah top secret did a v12 but it was a 5.0L, this is a 8.0L v10. thats a huge diffence. dont think its gonna fit. but good luck with it.

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
WOW!

Good Luck on the project. I can't wait to see updates and pictures.

Anything is possible with enough money.

SrT4_OwNeR

Nov 27, 2007
blahdy blah
the engine is an 8.0L out of a 1g viper... i was thinkin about turbocharging it... but that's a whole different paycheck. lol... i've looked up kits for the vipers and they are expensive as hell... but one of these days i will... and also getting a twin turbo kit to fit under the hood of a 89 supra with a 8.0L would be a whole different kind of mod. lol... but one of these days. i appreciate everyone's interest in this project and i just now thought of it when racerxj220 said something about it but the oilpan will be another story... depending on how much the car drops... i most likely will need to mod an oil pan to put on this thing. thanx or the input guys.

sean210

Father to Be
Nov 26, 2007
indianapolis
HOLY SHIT cant wait to see it!
keep us posted.
And let ME be the first one to say

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING FOR OUR COUNTRY!!!

Jacob

the overkillist
Feb 11, 2007
East Coast USA
supramike7m said:
sounds alright, i dont think it will fit though. that is a huge engine. yeah top secret did a v12 but it was a 5.0L, this is a 8.0L v10. thats a huge diffence. dont think its gonna fit. but good luck with it.

Actually, it will probably have less "clearance" issues than the V12. . . the V12 is DOHC i.e. wide . . . push rod motors are awesome by way of overall size. Why do you think Chevy went from pushrod to DOHC back to push rod? Weight/Size and of course the capacity for old skool tuners to buy crate motors and be able to swap it in and after market support. WOW!!! rambling here.

Anyway, only PITA I'd already be thinking about is stupid things like where's the starter motor gonna interfer .. . exhaust routing around the steering . . . wiring . . . etc.

BTW your idea is awesome. I doubt it gonna add much weight too . . . may be the tranny (blinkin huge). I'd leave force induction for the birds. I'd like to see it stroked. Do they do that? Freakin 10 litre supra FTW!! 3k redline ROFL!!! I think it would be cooler in a MK4 but MK4 would tax you budget stupid like.

Okay I am done. FTW YO!!! ;)

SrT4_OwNeR

Nov 27, 2007
blahdy blah
lol... hey sean210 thanx brother for the support... the clip hasn't arrived yet... i e-mailed the guy and he said it usually takes about a week and that seemed kinda weird but oh well... i guess i'll wait a couple more days. jacob had some pretty good points as well but imo i still might have clearance issues with the radiator and what not... it's not gonna be an easy drop in but i just can't wait to get my hands dirty. thanx jacob or your imput and your right... it would be a good idea to start thinkin about it... instead of sitting around here waiting for action... lol