The new guy

S

skorpyon_eks

Hi i just got my 1st Mk3.... having fun wit it? not really, my headgasket is messd up and i need to replace it... its a 91 turbo.. nothng sepacial yet.. just nid to get new headgasket and spark plugs.. any idea wat kind i should get? PLZ HELP!!! i wanna do it right in the 1st try so plz help... :1zhelp:

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
skorpyon_eks said:
Hi i just got my 1st Mk3.... having fun wit it? not really, my headgasket is messd up and i need to replace it... its a 91 turbo.. nothng sepacial yet.. just nid to get new headgasket and spark plugs.. any idea wat kind i should get? PLZ HELP!!! i wanna do it right in the 1st try so plz help... :1zhelp:

Get a metal headgasket, or you will be doing it again.. Be sure to use a reputable machine shop also. ARP bolts....too!

S

skorpyon_eks

AaronsSupraMKIII said:
Get a metal headgasket, or you will be doing it again.. Be sure to use a reputable machine shop also. ARP bolts....too!

thanks... dats a good start

S

skorpyon_eks

AaronsSupraMKIII said:

thanks... dats a good start... any good idea wat brand i shud get?

gonzy tunning

Dec 6, 2006
new jersey
welcome to the site man,just get a cometic head gasket and ARP head bolts and like the other guy said send ur head to reputable machine shop,good look man,gt

MK3_300

91T...under construction
Mar 30, 2005
Murfreesboro ,TN
gonzy tunning said:
welcome to the site man,just get a cometic head gasket and ARP head bolts and like the other guy said send ur head to reputable machine shop,good look man,gt

Exactly! Some people do prefer to use the ARP head studs as they can provide a higher clamping force. (You can torque them down tighter) Just don't reuse your factory head bolts or buy new ones from the dealer. Use ARP and you'll be OK! :icon_bigg

S

skorpyon_eks

MK3_300 said:
Exactly! Some people do prefer to use the ARP head studs as they can provide a higher clamping force. (You can torque them down tighter) Just don't reuse your factory head bolts or buy new ones from the dealer. Use ARP and you'll be OK! :icon_bigg

Thanks.. glad to get some help frm yu guys..

S

skorpyon_eks

gonzy tunning said:

Cosmetic head gasket? wats da difference bitween dat nd metal head gasket?

S

skorpyon_eks

now i know wats a cosmetic haed gasket is.. now, wich1 is better, cosmetic head gasket or HKS metal head gasket?

S

skorpyon_eks

MKIII N00b said:
HKS the way to go, if you can fork out the cash. Someone is selling and HKS headgasket still in the baggy what ever you call it, for like $125.

ok thaks ill go ahead and do dat... how long will it last if yu drive normal?