The new build! Ultimate 10 second street car!

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
^What pissing contest ?

oops some of my last statement was chopped,what I ment was

most car blow up on half throttle on slight hill on the road or on and off gooseing of throttle with slight load when on piggy backs remember the stock ecu is knock limted that that was or biggest issue it would just glich out and mill light would flash from a miss fire

did you even encounter this yet

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Rocket surgery: That means I should keep poking it until it works, right? In that case, I am Dr. Rocket!\

Devin, I wish you the best of luck in getting the power to the ground, I had a bud up here in MN who ran a mk4 with a th400 manual shift and it omnom'd so much power it wasn't funny. Never, ever broke though!

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
As compared to your stereotypical N2O, 454ci blown whatchamahoozit old-school drag car? Yes, yes they are- very much so.

As compared to a geo Metro engine- then no.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Those those motors have no competition when it comes to cubic inches but they all sacrifice high rev limits.

American guys call our motors ricer burners. LOL!

You cannot argue their motors hold 800,900,1000HP better than out beloved 2JZ. They have more cylinders to spread that power across. I know a guy who has a Merker with a the Ford 4.6 SVT motor in it. All new internals with a turbo setup and built a couple years ago. He races every weekend he can and the weather permits and has not went into that motor since. He does everything from dragging to road racing like what Steve did at Powercruise. I believe he is making 800-900.

If we tried that on the 2JZ, it would hold without any issue but every season it would need a refreshening. To have the need to refreshen a V8 that often, you'd probably have to be making a lot of power. This is just an observation I have seen. The bearings I have seen come out of high HP big blocks or small blocks making the same numbers our motors do or higher have been in better condition than ours.

To make 600HP on our motors wield mean an average of 100HP per cylinder, on a V8, that would be 75HP per cylinder. :aigo:

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Don't worry ryan I'm building your motor! You'll be fine this time...

There were so many things screwed up its ridiculous. Good thing the head gasket let go because the bottom end wouldn't have lasted much longer...

Thanks IJ :) Happy valentines day :D

We have a LSX that revs to 8500 so its okay :) 6.7L 14.5:1 NA does 700WHP