the engine won't start

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I wouldn't mess with screw unless you know what your doing. For now I'd just turn it in all the way.

Fuel pressure should be set to about 36 psi with the vac line off.

Also did you bypass or drill out the j tube when installing the walbro?

And ya the afms are the same. I used a Lexus Afm with my stock housing for a long time.

simplaz

Mar 26, 2009
Lithuania
what do you mean (Also did you bypass or drill out the j tube when installing the walbro?). Im not sure, because i took all parts to the mechanics and they installed all the parts into my car.
I think i need that Custom AFM screw.
Any ideas where could I get it? i'd install it and turn it in untill VF readings are ok with fpr 36psi.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
I wouldn't really worry about the screw right now, the only way to get one that is adjustable right now is to scout out who makes them and give him the 100 or whatever crazy amount he wants for it or make one your own. As for the "black box", your stock one WILL work just fine. Only reason it wouldn't is if there is a problem with it which is not too common. FPR is important'ish.

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
i would seriously look into the j tube. on the drivers side of the engine block, at the bottom you will see a plate with a single tube (J- Tube). your pressure side fuel lines connect to this. most people just bypass this tube.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
images

Its in the shape of a j. Just follow the fuel return line from the regulator(front of the rail or if you have a afpr it will be the front hose) to the j tube.

With the bigger fuel pump that needs to be drilled out or bypassed. It has a small hole that acts as another fpr as a back up. With the bigger pump that will add too much pressure and you will run really rich.

simplaz

Mar 26, 2009
Lithuania
I have installed the Mega squirt 1. But now i have lots of problems. My HKS boost controller is very hard to coordinate so at the moment it is unpluged. now i have 0.5bar pressure and around 360hp. any1 has a HKS boost controller manual?
cold engine works very hard. impossible to drive, need to wait untill its hot
moreover i need a new IC, because if i set more than 0.6 bar it detonates