the engine won't start

simplaz

Mar 26, 2009
Lithuania
hi,

I have supra `90 7mgte.
I have bought lexus AFM 400, apexi intake, walbro fuel pump, Aeromotive fuel presure regulator, HKS boost controller automatic, injectors 550 cc.
and the mechanics told me, that the engine won't start if I place in 550cc injectors. They told that i need to program the ECU. But there is nothing to program. Then they told me i need to buy a Computer piggyback or something like that to program the ECU.
I think they dont know about these things.
How can i program the ECU in other way? To make the engine work perfectly.
Im new in these things

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
it will still run with a base ecu tune, Have you checked for Spark/Fuel? Did it run before you put all that on there? Retrace your steps

simplaz

Mar 26, 2009
Lithuania
Finally i have all my parts in a car. The engine starts, but it works strange a bit.
i got to the mechanics but they are not familiar with supras and didn't know what to do.
just told me, that fuel mixture (fuel/air) is to dry.
Atvaizd0245-vi.jpg

and that lamda number should be around 1.000 and not 1.600.

maybe my lexus afm 400 has some problems.
With standart afm and standart fuel injectors everything was ok as i was told.

the fuel presure is standart. it shows around 2.0

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I have seen one other person do this before so I have to ask. When you put the lex afm on there, you didnt use the AFM from that did you? lol like I said I had one person in Germany do that dumb crap and he spent another 30 minutes rewiring his 7M afm back on there.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Another thing you could do is get your hands on something like an Apexi SAFC or Apexi NEO. I have a NEO here that I don't need for my car due to everything that is on it now. The NEO will help zero in on the settings you need. It won't get it perfect but damn close.

simplaz

Mar 26, 2009
Lithuania
Why that person had to rewire his 7m afm back. I think 550cc fuel pistons should work with lexus 400 afm. I don't want to put a piggy back in it, because I foughts its not needed and everybody does that 550cc + lex afm. And that piggy back costs a lot and to make it work good costs a lot too. So im trying to avoid that if its possible :) That Apexi SCAFC or NEO works as piggy back? Maybe i would be interested in that if there is no another way..

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
That's about the only cheap way although I don't have a tuner on my car and I have really no issues with driveability. If anything it should be running rich except for some odd reason they sometimes like to run lean on idle.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
A piggyback with the Lex mod is to fine tune. The car will run just like stock with the Lex meter and 550's, unless there are other problems.

simplaz

Mar 26, 2009
Lithuania
I have found out that i should have an Air Adjustment Screw in my stock AFM which should be different from my stock one. Any ideas where to get one?

simplaz

Mar 26, 2009
Lithuania
One more question:
Should The black plastic AFM sensor module be removed from the old system and reinstalled in lex AFM? Because I think this wasn't done..

simplaz

Mar 26, 2009
Lithuania
I posted my results in 9th post of this tread. looks like my o2 is 9. im not good in that so i don;t know if that is good.
I think i should try to remove that black plastic AFM sensor from my stock AFT and put it to the lex one. Maybe i'll try that tomorrow.
More over i should find a new screw for my AFM and change the depth of it.
I have found this page: http://rob.carlile.home.mchsi.com/lexus/lexus1.htm
my english is not superb, i dont know what that means:
The bracket that attaches the AFM to the fender of the car and the bracket for the wiring harness for the AFM itself must also be transplanted from the stock AFM.
Maybe i have these 4 problems:
1. Screw
2. Black plastic
3. bracket
4. FPR (don't know what should that show. now it shows around 30psi).