The Complete Piggyback Comparison

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I have an AFCII on my wife's car, but I just bought another car (for parts) and it has an AFC Neo on it. Does anyone on here know the difference. I looked it up on the Apexi site, but it doesn't really tell me what the Neo will do that the afc can't. I was hoping the information would be in this thread, but it's not. I'm going to continue researching it , but if anyone has anything to add on this subject, please do. Thanks.

senelack

Jan 26, 2009
los angeles
suprahero;1517814 said:
I have an AFCII on my wife's car, but I just bought another car (for parts) and it has an AFC Neo on it. Does anyone on here know the difference. I looked it up on the Apexi site, but it doesn't really tell me what the Neo will do that the afc can't. I was hoping the information would be in this thread, but it's not. I'm going to continue researching it , but if anyone has anything to add on this subject, please do. Thanks.

it's the same but dont have the knock detecting, but it has vtec controller built in and it's in color, pretty much the same as safc2

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
madsupra88;1524665 said:
So... Since my previous post got deleted....is there any actual info on this sticky?

Why don't YOU write some rather than complaining about it? It's always easy to complain when you're not handed something, the difficult thing is to help out when you see a need.

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
Doc im not complaining, i was just browsing the forums and came across this "sticky" .

And i figured id read on to learn a little, but i see nothing.. just wonderig why it was a sticky if there is no info in it thats all.

Linchmob87

Jul 27, 2010
Bowersville,GA
lol, I agree. I checked it out this AM, no info....I am doing an HKS VPC/SAFC combo and am trying to gather information. But hopefully it will fill up with info soon.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
This thread is a GREAT idea, but it hasn't been a reality yet. I'm going to do a bit of research on various piggyback systems shortly and I can post up my findings here. Problem is that I KNOW I will miss key points and my info will need some review and additions.

At least it'd be a start though.

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Not to jump down throats, but given the amount of different types of Piggy Backs; I'm sure it takes a LOT of research to do a concise comparison.

Me thinks we should let these guys keep plugging away with out getting on their cases as just taking this project on would seem it takes a lot of work.

Wish I could offer a hand, but I don't know much about them. However, will greatly appreciate this tool when completed. 'Cause to be honest: Yeah, I'd love to know pros and cons, but I'm looking into what others have done and trying to gather info that way until this is completed.

Can't wait to see when it's done!

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Emanage Blue UPDATE !!!

Using info from another thread about the Apexi SAFC/Neo:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46955&d=1290357997

..and the diagram I already had for the emanage...

Emanage diagram:
p1815338_1.jpg

...I have finally had some success with my emanage blue installation !!! Wiring for the ecu pinout is same as shown in the pdf, only difference is the emanage wires
are different color than what is on the Apexi unit. So using the two diagrams and connecting each wire 1 at-a-time, I was finally able to get my car to do more than idle with the red light
error code 13. It now idles with green light , and takes throttle, and compensates for my hks bov venting with the anti stall set at stock rpm @650. Progress right ?
It is in my book. The emanage does red light back to error code 13, but only after WOT...weird. I will say this, throttle response difference is HUGE ! My first initial drive with the
emanage finally up and running with a green light was quite inspirational. I laid twin trails of rubber in front of my house, at half throttle. Now as far as the error code 13, this
dictates incorrect wiring, or wrong jumper settings. I have checked both of course so I will be able to tell more once I find out why it is still throwing the code. I still need a dyno
tune, but I was able to set basic afr values with the support tool. Car still runs rich under boost, but not as much and I am no tuner by any means. I just changed the values enough
to make sure the emanage was making correctings, and I just monitored my wideband and noticed the not-as-rich readings.

The first link above should be a downloadable pdf for the Apexi SAFC/Neo. I am working on what my harness looks like using these 2 diagrams, so just bear with me and I will post up
what I have gotten to work so far.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Here is what I got, just remember the KS wire is the one you intercept and splice for the AFM signal. Follow this and your good to go.

p1815361_1.jpg

Hope this helps the emanage blue guys out !