the car/truck you wish you could have back...

jdm-rhd

Jan 19, 2012
orbiting caprica
i was thinking about all the vehicles me & my family have owned over the years and there are a couple that i wish we still had. one was a 68 bug...i learned how to drive a standard in this. thought they were kinda goofy looking when i was a kid but it would really be cool to have one now.

also my brother owned a "dukes of hazzard" challenger that to this day he still kicks himself for selling. even tho it was a project car, would still be fun to have.

the one i really liked was the 68 cougar which i always thought was the coolest car my dad ever owned. it was that weird looking green that was the same color as our refrigerator back in the day.

have any vehicles you wish you had back? maybe had a chance to buy or missed out on a great deal that haunts you to this day? post up some pics if you got'em & discuss!

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Feb 22, 2011
Graham-Puyallup, WA
Couple of them actually...

1972 GTO... I bought the damn thing for 900 bucks in '87, Put Cragar Euro 5-spokes on it with BF T/A's from Super Shops... A stupid girlfriend mad me get rid of it... Sex wasn't worth it in hindsight...lol

1976 BMW 2002... A little car that kicked ass... Loved that car...

jdm-rhd

Jan 19, 2012
orbiting caprica
IJ.;1808886 said:
General Lee was a Charger ;)

Like "ex Girlfriends" my ex cars are "ex" for a reason, if I still wanted them I'd still have them or clones.
lol...like i said, it was my brothers.

anyways i missed out on a tt 6spd mkiv a few wks ago. it needed a little body & interior work but def worth the 6k they were asking.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
I wish i still had my Sierra XR4x4 - would be worth a lot these days - and i'd replace the FI system with the one from the '88 only Ford Granada. Had a big trunk, space for 5 people, comfy seats.... I miss that car :'(

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
jdm-rhd;1808887 said:
anyways i missed out on a tt 6spd mkiv a few wks ago. it needed a little body & interior work but def worth the 6k they were asking.

Was that car in Imaginaryville, TX? 6k for a TT 6 speed, seems a little scam like to me...

Anyhow, on topic, I miss my 2000 Miata, it was a good daily driver, had AWESOME tires and alignment. I think the brake pedal only got used at red lights and really tight corners. That, and my 88 Supra, but that car seems like it's in good hands these days. :)

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Kai;1808890 said:
IJ.;1808886 said:
Like "ex Girlfriends" my ex cars are "ex" for a reason, if I still wanted them I'd still have them or clones.

A car cloning machine? So this is the reason behind that big shed of yours! :eek:

I don't think the Frankenstein style things that go on in there would qualify as "cloning".

I should make this IJ's avatar:

young_frankenstein1.jpg

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
I miss my 95 Celica ST Liftback. It was totaled a couple weeks after I started dating my now ex wife. I wanted to rebuild it but had nowhere to do so.

I'd love to have both it and the Supra. Celica for looks and mileage (I averaged over 33 mpg on the 7AFE) and the Supra for power (when I finally get around to affording a bigger turbo, injectors....).

I had 8" subs in the front doors using factory mounts, Greddy SP exhaust (such a sweet sound), Jspeed 3 point strut bar, TRD quick shift kit, and some AR-33 wheels on it.