The big seat question. Can you help me?

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
BryanDyer;1966844 said:
Well if this is your daily, I would just get the seats reupholstered IMO.

As I wrote; daily during the summer :) Since I'm in Sweden I only get to drive it for a couple of months per year.

DeMoN2318;1966849 said:
keep the stock seats and restore them... the supra seats are some of the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in hands down

Well how bad are the sparcos listed compared to stock?

super51fan;1966901 said:
I am for redoing the factory seats. I love the comfort of them. Heck, our cars are a heavy GT touring machine. Looking forward to adding lots of Second Skin products for vibration and noise reduction. Oh and heat copntrol also. I have heard that S2000 seats bolt in. Don't know for sure. Good luck with your quest.

I have already removed all of the interior noise reduction except for the carpet. I have also removed all stock undercarriage paint while I was doing rust repairs and replaced it with a thin layer of body coat.
I didnt like the "cadillac"-feel of the car when I bought it so the subframe bushings have been replaced with aluminium bushings made by me (measurements from a fellow supra user).

DeMoN2318;1966907 said:
If you are going for weight reduction then you are probably willing to trade comfort...

I hear the celica all trac seats are lighter and equally as comfortable...but hard to find...

My friend has a celica all trac ST185 and I helped him make brackets and install fixed back sparcos. His stock seats were not as good as ours.

ghostmkiiiturbo;1966909 said:
I'm thinking about this too. I would definitely recover the stockers though. Racing seats suck for comfort even Sparco brand. If you take your car to the track and want to save a little bit of weight you can take your driver seat out and use your passenger seat for the driver as it is much lighter. Another pro to stock seats are the lumbar controls etc.

I would love to have my front seats recovered in black leather(have shadow gray on the mkiii i want to recover) with seude inserts.

Here is a few ideas you can look at.

leatherseats.com
They have covers made specifically for the mkiii and a lot of different style, insert styles and colors.

katskinz or however you spell it also makes similiar covers.

I'm curious to see others completed recovers and know who/where recovered them.

eraezer do you have cloth or leather and what color?

I have gray leather.

I have already contacted seats01 on ebay. But they are slow as hell on responding on my emails. I don't think they want my money.

GrimJack;1966916 said:
I've done both recover stock seats and, in the new car, replace them with Recaros.

Recovering the stock seats isn't that much work, but it does require some special tools, and new hog rings. There is a learning curve as well, although it's not bad.

Recaros though... easily as comfortable as the stock seats, still recline, weigh less... and you can get them for a damn fine price, too. There's just no downside.

How and where did you get your recaro speed for a "damn fine price"? :) I've sat in one in a lancia delta integrale HF EVO and I liked them but compared to the sparco seats I've listed, they are pricey.

craigh310;1966979 said:
I went with recovering the stock seats. I had them done with leather faces, and Uni Suede centers. In California, it cost me around $1,800.00 for the full interior, front and back seats, door panels, center console, and the rear carpet.

If you go with the aftermarket seats, I found this place which sells the brackets.
http://wedgebrackets.com/toyota-supra-86-92-seat-brackets.html?___SID=U

Your seats looks great, but I were to spend that much money on seats, I would go with aftermarket seats.

Brackets are the easy part of this, which I'll make myself.

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
I went with leather seats.com and love how they came out. However, I would think a reclining recaro would be a good option as well.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
eraezer;1969118 said:
How and where did you get your recaro speed for a "damn fine price"? :) I've sat in one in a lancia delta integrale HF EVO and I liked them but compared to the sparco seats I've listed, they are pricey.

As I mentioned a bit further down in the reply list:

GrimJack;1967066 said:
Recaro Speed. Available a bunch of places - including eBay - for ~$700 each.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
How about cloth seats? How expensive are those to recover? I can't stand leather seats myself...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk