The best and only true synthetic OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

fandffan

Aug 26, 2006
Bowling Green, OH
I've recently discovered this oil Eneos is the company. They are the only people to make a "true" synthetic oil, by engineering the oil at the molecular level(from what I understand.

Here is their website
http://www.eneos.us/index.php

Their oil weights are a bit different because of being a True synthetic. SO a good rule of thumb is,

0-20 is for NA cars under 300 hp the 0-50 is for boosted 300+ hp cars.

It gives you a mpg increase and a from what reviews i've heard from people they believe they gained some hp from it(nothing major but some).

Last edited:

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
fandffan;944932 said:
I've recently discovered this oil Eneos is the company. They are the only people to make a "true" synthetic oil, by engineering the oil at the molecular level(from what I understand.

Here is their website
http://www.eneos.us/index.php

Their oil weights are a bit different because of being a True synthetic. SO a good rule of thumb is,

0-20 is for NA cars under 300 hp the 0-50 is for boosted 300+ hp cars.

It gives you a mpg increase and a from what reviews i've heard from people they believe they gained some hp from it(nothing major but some).

Pure Tuning in Toledo, Oh is an authorized dealer and ships anywhere in the US. They will be doing a before and after dyno chart when it gets warmer out and I will update when they do that.(I think there are some tests already done tho, I'll have to look.)

Here is their website, you can order it from there. And if you need help figuring out the exact weight you will need, they are very friendly and willing to help so just call! :p

www.pure-tuning.com

Your statements concerning Eneos oil are some of the worst misinformation I have see on this subject.

1) Enos is not "the only people to make a 'true' synthetic oil"

If you had taken the time to read the information in this section, it becomes bluntly obvious...here's 3 off the top of my head:
Red Line, Royal Purple, Castrol European Formula (aka German Castrol). You need to learn the basics:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38811

Pay close attention to the way oil base stocks are grouped...you'll notice that the only "true synthetics" are those in Grp IV & V. Red Line is Grp V ester based; RP and GC are Grp IV PAO based...all are synthetics.

Pennzoil Platinum (an excellent oil) uses what they call "Adaptive Molecules" in their formulation, yet it is a Grp III oil (not a "true syn")...using your logic, shouldn't it be? The difference is Pennzoil makes no bones about it...there are no claims for syn base stock in this oil. You used the same type phrasing to make it sound like Eneos was the "only true syn oil" out there.

2) Any claims about increased HP on the dyno due to Eneos (heard this before) or any other oil is pure BS

Suggest you read this...been there, done that concerning this oil:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54294

Here's what I said in another thread concerning the "hype" Eneos uses to promote their oil:

jdub said:
There is something that concerns me about this oil...it look like it is targeted toward the tuner/racing crowd (like Motul, Neo, etc)...there is a lot of hype in the claims made about this oil. That makes me suspicious from the start...especially the claims concerning HP gains on the dyno. I can put on a buffalo head, leopard pants, grab my sacred totem and dance around the car, and I guarantee there will be a variance in RWHP...without changing nothing, nada, zilch. Using dyno runs to prove a lubricant is better vs others on the market is another level of marketing hype...on par with some of the "snake oil" additive advertisements. Making claims a motor oil (or additive) gives any significant increase in HP is simply outrageous. Let's keep these kind of claims out of this discussion...I want to know how our motors are going to hold up using this oil.

3) Determining "correct" viscosity looking at NA vs turbo or at HP illustrates an ignorance well above norm about how oil viscosity works in a given engine. You seriously need to read a few facts: http://63.240.161.99/motoroil/

It's my job to squash the misinformation and hearsay that seems to keep going (and going) concerning motor oil. You need to read and learn before making these kind of statements.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
fandffan said:
From what I understood about the oil was that it is the only true synthetic and yes royal purple, redline, etc. are full synthetic, Eneos uses a different process (from what I had heard). I'm not upset just explaining why I posted this. If I find come up with any facts on the matter I'll PM you, Eneos' website doesn't give much in the way of explaining their process. Once again not attack your expertise just explaining why.

"From what I understood about the oil was that it is the only true synthetic and yes royal purple, redline, etc. are full synthetic, Eneos uses a different process (from what I had heard)."

Read the above sentence again...does it make sense? There's two problems with it..."I understood" and "from what I had heard". Plus you contradict yourself...how can Red Line, RP, etc be a synthetic (man made base stock) and not be a "true synthetic". This is why the American Petroleum Institute (API) groups base stock oils they way that they do.

From the info I can find on Eneos, it is a PAO (Grp IV) based oil with ester (Grp V) blended in the base stock...as such, it will have excellent high temp resistance to break down and shear, characteristic of any other PAO or ester based oil like Red Line, RP, and German Castrol.
Read this post in particular on Eneos:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=764466&postcount=6

This is the 3rd instance of a person coming into the Lubrication section promoting Eneos oil. Every one of them (including you and guys that sell it) used the same marketing hype Eneos is putting out on their oil...the problem is, there is nothing from a technical perspective or data from oil analysis to back it up. It is all pure hearsay and testimonials....you will never read anything on the Eneos website about the process because it is basically the same as other companies use to produce a synthetic oil. This type of marketing (hearsay and testimonials) is designed to produce and grow a group of "believers"...in this case among the import tuner/racing crowd to garner market share in a very competitive sales arena.

Hearsay/testimonials do not mean squat without the data to back it up and the variations involved in dyno testing makes that "proof" meaningless when it comes to oil...Eneos knows and is exploiting this. Back-up and think for yourself in a critical way...the people that are promoting this oil simply want you to spend your $$$ buying it.

Having said that, it does not mean Eneos is making a bad oil...as much as I hate this marketing tactic, at least Eneos is not putting a bunch of crap in a bottle and selling it like a most additive companies do. The only thing I have seen worthwhile on Eneos is Jose's experience with how the oil performed for him and pics of his bearings to prove it:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=807039&postcount=13

Concerning the rest of your statements, you need to educate yourself (the links I provided are a start) and stop listening to marketing BS or "I heard" type info...especially when the hearsay comes from someone trying to sell you something. Make your on decision based on hard data and don't fall into the marketing hype trap.

I'm going to re-open this thread...if you have something to say about Eneos, back it up. Frankly, I am sick and tired of the "hype" surrounding this oil...any post that contains any kind of promotional BS will be deleted.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
severe.jpg

Extra fail for trying to ninja edit out your comments after being quoted...

Status
Not open for further replies.