the 2012 great canadian supra meet

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
just a feeler to see who all is up for this. the tentative date is starting may 7, and ending when it ends. date can change if it conflicts.

basically my idea is a cross Canada cruise, from Vancouver to st johns (coast to coast) which is a good way to meet everyone and have a nice vacation. those on the other side of the border are free to come aswell

the meet and cruise is non generation specific. but make sure your car will survive the long trip.

the meets is free, but the cruise wont be cheap (fuel, ferries, eating, sleeping etc) casue it will be 2 weeks+ to go from coast to coast to coast again. if the weather is good we can camp outside, bring a tent and sleeping bag! maybe have a campfire and coffe/hot choclate/beer whatever suits ya. also since we cant use cell phones while driving, bring a FRS/CB radio for in travel communication (sights, pit stops, flat tire, etc) so you dont get left behind. i have 2 spare FRS, since most come in a 2 pack

meet plan (no set dates/loactions yet as it depends how it goes, who all is interested, etc etc, will update as it goes, and can change)

may 7th. us local south coast people meet at Tim Horton's, 1795 Clearbrook Road Abbotsford BC, (right off the highway) by 10am, then cruise noth to kamloops for lunch and let the cars cool down, after which we cruise to calgary, or stop for the night somewhere along the line.

may 8th after we all wake up, have coffee and some form of breakfast we will meet with the guys in calgary and those who make it to the cowtown at noon in the Marlborough mall parking lot, around the gas station/walmart area, eat at the mall, or grab something to go. then at 1 pm we depart east, towards Regina. where we stop for the night depends on time.

may 9th depending on time meet with the regina peeps and then head towards Manitoba, stopping in Brandon (or somewhere) for the night, meet with peeps there then head for Winnipeg

may 10th we should be in Winnipeg by noon, and well meet with those in the peg then its the long haul to Toronto.

may 11 now im lost, as i dont know the drive time from winnipeg to thunder bay, toronto etc so dates wont be posted from here on out till later

arrive and meet with the toronto crowd before heading to ottawa and montreal. the off to quebec city, fredricton, monton and north sydney for the ferry. then its cruise newfoundland till we run out of pavment in st johns. maybe stay for a day or so st johns, depends on peoples schedules, then its the long haul back to vancouver.

i look forward to your guys' thoughts and input on this
Greg

spinyard

always lurking..
Nov 1, 2009
Ottawa
so your gonna drive from bc to st johns? and back again? I am all for the love of driving, but thats a lot of km. A LOT.
If my supra was more reliable I would join for the east side of it.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
i know its a long way

didnt realize it was a ban on handheld radios to. that throws that plan out the window, unless we got a co - pilot.

as said its just an idea. it may shrink to just a western canada meet.

slightly_red_MA70

Holy S*** I own a Racecar
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
Honestly, if my supra is running by then.....I'm in. I think this would be wicked! Would give me a chance to get out of BC lol! And since I chose the right 2 pieces of the triangle this time; Reliable(building it slow and 100% properly), and Fast.(not like last time;cheap and fast :-(...)

But anyways, yeah I'd be in :-D

twan

Supramania Contributor
Oct 18, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
oh dude im totally down for this! im form toronto btw. so im probably gonna start from toronto... good thing you've planned this a year ahead. gives us all time to finish or start our builds. although i have to recommend when driving through quebec, id like to drive up to circuit du mont tremblant. i've seen this car show where they were testing driving brand new Ferraris on these streets then took them into the track.

soup

fiend
Apr 4, 2005
Vancouver
Oh man!! I'm so in for Vancouver to Abbotsford! This is going to be f'n tight!!!!

you crazy. do it.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Consider shipping you car back and flying. If I do take part in this meet, thats what I will be doing I think

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The absolute most brilliant thing to do here would be to organize everyone to end up down in Vancouver just as the Supra Nationals start. That would be really amazing. And think of all the supras that way! That would be killer!

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
Flateric;1669713 said:
The absolute most brilliant thing to do here would be to organize everyone to end up down in Vancouver just as the Supra Nationals start. That would be really amazing. And think of all the supras that way! That would be killer!

when are the supra nationals?

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
This is a great idea. Not sure how long it is from Winnipeg to Thunder Bay, but it is a good 18-20 hours from there to T.O. I'd love to be a part of this as I've only been as far west as TB and as far east as Montreal. A couple recommendations:

1) You should look into getting some kind of sponsorship (ie, Local Dealers).
2) Raise some awareness amongst the industry (ie, write to some tuner mags; One of our local members' brother works for PASmag).
3) Inform the communities that you would be rolling through.

Hope to see this come to fruition. It would be a great event.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Flateric;1669758 said:
I'll find out for ya, or maybe Duane or someone who's organizing it will read this thread.

2011 isnt planned yet, 2012 wont be planned for another year

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
SupraRon;1676442 said:
This is a great idea. Not sure how long it is from Winnipeg to Thunder Bay, but it is a good 18-20 hours from there to T.O. I'd love to be a part of this as I've only been as far west as TB and as far east as Montreal. A couple recommendations:

1) You should look into getting some kind of sponsorship (ie, Local Dealers).
2) Raise some awareness amongst the industry (ie, write to some tuner mags; One of our local members' brother works for PASmag).
3) Inform the communities that you would be rolling through.

Hope to see this come to fruition. It would be a great event.

how would i look into that? hard to say if i can get a dealer to sponser such a old and rare car. might do something in the import magazine, still not sure what to say.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Jayhall;1676602 said:
2011 isnt planned yet, 2012 wont be planned for another year

true but when was 2010? should give me a base idea

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I know I was signed up for the 2010 meet in January last year. There were details available before that still. The event took place in June or July, mid month.