That was pretty quick, my build thread. :D

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
I know this is a bit of repeat from my last post in my "Silencing Scott" thread, but this is much better, it includes pics! :D Not much of an exciting start but it is a start. I started out today going to change out my spark plugs to the NGK 6097's I bought the other day, but then remember, I don't have a plug gapper. Well, I've had a Greddy Type S BOV and an Optima RedTop on my Z for a while. So here is what I did instead:

Sorry, I forgot to get underhood shots of the before bone stockness. Which now kinda makes me upset that I don't have them. :3d_frown: And I'm not about to undo all that for a pic of it...maybe. Note the stock rubber bend on the aftermarket pipe. 2.5" pipe in about a 2" coupler....no fun.

She runs fine as setup until after I get on it, then wants to die on me when I let off to slow back down. If I am just cruising and let off, the rpm's drop to about 400rpm twice and then settles back around 900. Nothing too horrible, but definately something I want to fix when I can so I don't have to worry about feathering the throttle after a higher speed pull.

It is also peaking to 8psi now and bleeding back to 6 after about 4200rpm, instead of peaking at 6 and dropping to 4.5. Tomorrow will more than likely consist of trying to figure out where my radiator is leaking at and attempting to fix it, plug change, and at least taking a look at my lack of power steering problem. Sorry for the long post, I just had a lot of info to post up from today. :D Thanks for reading.

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
Kab: Thanks!

Red: Thanks for the advice, already knew that one though, just don't have a peice of hose that big or I would recirculate it. I do love the way it sounds open dump though!

Scott: No, not yet, I will when I get the EBC from Bill though.

Update: I hopefully fixed my radiator leak today. It had a very slight crack near the nub on the bottom that sits down in the rubber grommet. Used some QuickSteel, it's supposed to hold up to 500 degrees. That's kinda just temp though till I can get money for a Koyo or Fluidyne unit.