Thanks to all and need just a little help.

Darkknight17

Apr 1, 2008
Florida
I just want to thank everyone on this forum. The people asking questions and the people answering them. I just put a 89 7mgte in my supra b/c it overheated and the rodnock fairy paid me a visit. :3d_frown: At first my engine would not start. just cranked and the fan was running. Finally got it to start but noticed smoke by the turbo, coming from heat shield and the back left part of valve cover. The person that sold me the engine put new rods in it and i got a metal head gasket and arp studs. The turbo is from the old engine, but when i checked it out it seemed to be ok. Also i have a vacume hose that is really long coming from the bottom rail where the rest is, that i have no idea where it goes. I never put the the charcoal canister back in and wasnt sure what to plug. This will help me very much been buming rides and paying them way to much b/c of my generosity. Thanks again for everones help on this forum!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Smoke is likely oil sneaking past the valve cover seals and burning on the exhaust manifold. Pretty easy to fix, if that's the case - new seals, bolts, and bolt seals, put them in at 22 inch pounds with a torque wrench, and you're done.

Don't you need the charcoal canister for smog in Florida?

Darkknight17

Apr 1, 2008
Florida
Not sure about that charcoal cansiter but am not worried bout it if dont need it. I am without a car now and have been for a while. I started up again after school and the smoke stopped but a bad oil leak came fron where the crankshaft area was. I mean bad. Well tryed to get gas anyway and put the car in drive and the car will not move an inch. So i move to L and nothing and so on with every gear. Very confused and frustrated. What will cause the car to say screw you! im not going nowhere, while the engine runs and shifts gears??