TEMS question

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
well i got a 87supra with tems but i just recently got rod knock and i picked up a 92supra w/o tems, and im just wondering if i was able to run the tems shock on a non-tems supra? and will i be able to adjust it manually from the top? if theres no response im just going to try it:1zhelp:

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
mass_jdm_kid;1111660 said:
well i think as long as u switch over the actuators on the top and the module and everything fits then it should be a problem

hey well the think is i dont want to transfer th whole tems unit, i just want to run my lowering springs, but the shocks on the 92 supra are blown and i dont want to buy new shocks at the moment.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
Wiisass;1112573 said:
You can run tems shocks without the actuator. Just make sure they're adjusted properly. They should hold adjustment, but I would at least check every once in a while to make sure they didn't move.

alright sweet. but they don't come with a manual knob adjuster. or is there one I can jus place onto? but yah I guess I'm goin to be swaping over the suspension :)

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Your 92 that didn't come with TEMS, can indeed use them. You will need to get the TEMS computer and hook it up in the harness, all supra's are TEMS capable they have the plugs and they can work on these cars with no issues.

Hope that clears up confusion.