tems mod question

speedfreak

SCruzer
May 16, 2006
santa cruz, ca.
so i want stage three (firm) when i push the sport mode button and i want normal mode when that button is pushed... ive looked up plenty of tems mod info but from what i gather the general understanding is if you jump connections E1 and TS you get firm mode only. however on my 92t when i jump the connections it stays in soft mode in normal setting and goes directly into firm mode when i press sport... this is exactly what i want, the only thing is it flashes the indicator lights in normal mode...this is fine with me if its working properly. so that's all i want to know, is it fine to drive it all the the time in normal even when the indicator lights are flashing? or is it trying to calibrate something or missing some other input from the steering sensor?

speedfreak

SCruzer
May 16, 2006
santa cruz, ca.
no one else driving around like this? i have been as the flashing lights don't bother me. this is more like what tems was supposed to be, way better handling with no adjustment mid corner. sport mode really sucked i recommend tems mod to all and its soooo easy!

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
By indicator lights are you talking about the lights on the tems display? Or lights on the exterior of the vehicle?

I was thinking of adding a hidden switch myself so I can go between the normal automatic tems mode to the tems mod settings on the fly rather than having to pop the hood and bridge the two connections every time.

speedfreak

SCruzer
May 16, 2006
santa cruz, ca.
its just the in dash indicator lights that flash while in normal mode. you dont have to jump the terminals every time. it just works like you want it normal button =soft mode sport button =firm mode its a beautiful thing

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If it goes full hard when you jump it why not put a switch that goes from those 2 wires. Flip the switch wenyou want to inside.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
hvyman;1767429 said:
If it goes full hard when you jump it why not put a switch that goes from those 2 wires. Flip the switch wenyou want to inside.

Exactly.

I wonder where the best/cleanest place would be to tap into the two wires.