temp/oil sensor location

MKonmac

May 2, 2009
Salem, Oregon, United States
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1441392 said:
Yes, I also told you the pins. Your set fix it and party.
:drink1:

Sounds good! will be working on it tommorow.

Lol and one last gauge to get working!

the gas gauge doesnt work.

1. However i believe the sending unit works.. how do i test it?
2. The low level fuel light works(not sure if it works at correct time)
3. What wire from the sender goes to the gauge to tell it what to do?

Thanks
Matt'!~

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I would try and just switch the cluster to make sure the gauge works they are cheap to get.

There is a lot of diffrences by years so its a little hard to pinpoint what you have but i would try and get a cluster out of around the same year car

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
I have a supra 1JZ wired into an 89' T.

So for the oil pressure gauge: I used the DM extension and put a 7M sender on it. There is a wire that connects to the top of the sender and then runs to the 1JZ harness. In order to get my oil pressure gauge to work, do I just make sure that pin 21 from the IG1 is jumped to pin 7 on the M1?

Then for the H2O temp gauge, I make sure that pin 7 on the IG1 is jumped to pin 10 on the M1, correct?

And finally for the tach, IG1 pin 11 needs to go to M1 pin 4, correct? Can I also run a wire directly from the ignitor to the tach gauge itself? If so which wire from the ignitor do I use and how do I connect it to the gauge? I need to get the dash pinout to do that correct?

Thanks for any help!

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
My IG1 to M1 jumper harness was wired to take a signal from pin 23 on IG1 to pin 7 on M1. The gauge did not work with the jumper installed and the car running. Pin 23 is for the low oil light on a JDM 1JZ supra, but as I stated in my previous post, I installed a 7M sender on a DM braided line and the yellow/black wire is clean and connected to the sender. So before I took a close look at the female IG1 plug that comes off of my 1JZ supra harness, I re-wired my jumper to pass a signal from IG1 pin 21 (oil pressure gauge) to M1 pin 7. When I was about to put the jumper back in the car, I looked at my female IG1 and saw that there was only one black and yellow wire, which was indeed connected to pin 23. So I pulled that pin and re-inserted it into the 21 spot, which my jumper is now wired for. Still no dice.

So I guess now I need to start tracing backwards and see if a signal is even being sent through the wires I'm interested in. How do I go about doing this? I assume I use a multi-meter. What setting do I put it on?

If I'm not getting a signal through the wire, what would the next step be?

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Hmm this info is definitely helping me out. In for coming up answers!

So let me get this straight, (I'm also searching right now, so I may find the answer before anything further):

-Using aftermarket gauges for water temp, oil pressure, and boost. I do not need the 7m sender and the coolant gauge sender off the 1jz, because those are for gauges only. BUT the 1jzgte ecu does not look for an oil pressure or oil level signal because those are all gauge/dash related, correct? So the only things I need to worry about that the ECU look for are the MAP sensor, IAT sensor, coolant sensor, Knock sensors, Crank position, 2 Cam positions, O2 sensor, and...? The rest will go with the injectors/igniter/COPs/dash/AC etc, but are not 100% necessary to function (of course injectors and such are...), right? Just checking! ; p

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1444375 said:
I would try and just switch the cluster to make sure the gauge works they are cheap to get.

There is a lot of diffrences by years so its a little hard to pinpoint what you have but i would try and get a cluster out of around the same year car

Gauges worked fine when I had the 7m-gte in there. I guess I need to figure out how to test them.

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
I get continuity from pin 2 on the small ignitor connector to pin 6 ( a black wire) on the connector that plugs into the tach area on my cluster. I get better continuity on pins 4 and 5, a green and white-green wire respectively, that I believe are for the gauge lights, which doesn't make much sense to me. My car is an 89+ and I tried a 90 cluster, the tach doesnt work in the 90 cluster either.

I have a MKIV tach but it doesn't look like I can wire it to take the signal. Any suggestions?