Tearlessj's SLOW Build. Lots of Pics.

Tearlessj

Oct 17, 2006
TN
IM DONE......well 98%

Heres the car finished, Im impressed with how well the paint turned out. It was worth the few bucks, although the labor involved SUCKED. I started the paint on 12-16, and ended on 1-16. Thats with rainy days and a 6 day vacation. Here are the final results. Leave me some feedback.

p484714_1.jpg

to
p484714_2.jpg

Here are the rest.

p484714_3.jpg

p484714_4.jpg

p484714_5.jpg

p484714_6.jpg

with the taillights in.
p484714_7.jpg

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
looks good

i was trying to figure out why for the longest time something was missing on the back of the car it tokk likt 30min to realize it didnt have the rear window wiper

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
silent_sniper said:
something was missing on the back of the car it tokk likt 30min to realize it didnt have the rear window wiper

Weight reduction FTW!!!!!!

Looks great Tearless. I can't tell how shiny it is either. Did you spray clearcoat on it?

Tearlessj

Oct 17, 2006
TN
suprahero said:
Weight reduction FTW!!!!!!

Looks great Tearless. I can't tell how shiny it is either. Did you spray clearcoat on it?
I did not do clear coat. The paints pretty reflective, it just looks dull due to the cloudyness that day. I plan to polish the car again to be 100% sure I polished it all the way. The funny thing is, after all this work. I havnt even touched the Front bumper yet. I dont know what to do with it, I may just go Greddy.

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
It looks pretty good considering it was $50. It's not as good as real automotive paint, but, that's the be expected, it just looks a little off. But still, amazing for $50. You put a lot of work into it and it turned out nicely. Looks a whole lot better than it did before the paint. Good work!

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
good job man! looks good with the rear wiper delete.. That's what I'm going to have done along with removing the antenna when I take my car to get painted! Take some pics in the sun so we can see how the paint really turned out (some closeups would be good aswell, showing a reflection)

mk3_dude

Boost Master
May 10, 2005
Arkansas
wow for a 15year old, you did much better than me. lol...

Can you do a full step by step write up when you have the time. would be cool. Great job!

Tearlessj

Oct 17, 2006
TN
MKIII N00b said:
wow, that looks really nice but im sure you knew that. anyways may i ask where you got the inspiration to do the job?
Inspiration came from it being my first car. lol I was thinking about selling the car for a some profit, but cant part with after all the work ive done. haha

mk3_dude said:
wow for a 15year old, you did much better than me. lol...

Can you do a full step by step write up when you have the time. would be cool. Great job!

Theres many write ups online, just google it. :icon_bigg

Im going to put the bumper back on today. I dont know what to do with the front bumper and the side molding. This is be a stupid idea, but my front bumper isnt going to be exactly the same color.

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Excellent work!

It's nice to see someone your age taking care of a Supra. Most just beat the shit out of em' then whine about it when they break.

Tearlessj

Oct 17, 2006
TN
mg89 said:
do you not have enough paint left to paint the bumper?
Well Im still not sure about it. I have plenty of paint left over, enough to paint 2 more cars. I havnt painted the front bumper yet. I think im ganna match it with the rest of the car now. I want to metallic flake some part of the car, before I try to do the whole thing. I may do my hood cause it has a dent and ill proboly swap out anyway.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
very impressive! i planned to start on mine as soon as the bad weather cleared out. Hopefully soon. Props for putting so much effort into this.