Teamslow's 7m SuperStreet Build

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Let me know how you like that OSG clutch (grab, slip-ability, pedal feel). I'm considering their triple disc for my build that I'm doing later on but don't know of many people using OSG clutches on their R154's

Also, which MC rebuild did you get?

teamslow

Sep 6, 2006
New Jersey
Moy;1582474 said:
Let me know how you like that OSG clutch (grab, slip-ability, pedal feel). I'm considering their triple disc for my build that I'm doing later on but don't know of many people using OSG clutches on their R154's

Also, which MC rebuild did you get?

I ask for a full race build, but when they were done with it, A guy that works there named Brenden, said it was just a race build, not a full race build and they charge me the price of a full race build. :3d_frown:

He said something about, marlin normally spends 3 days on the transmission for a full race, and marlin only spent two days on mine. Whatever that means.

They asked me what my horsepower goal was and I said 500hp. I guess I should've lied and said 1000hp. The transmission has all the upgraded marlin crawler parts, but what I think he meant by the trans not being a fully race build is that the shimming and tolerancing would be tighter then how I have it now.

RPSil13;1582529 said:
where did you order the whiteline sway bar from?

JSCspeed.com
I have the rear sway bar too, just haven't got around to installing it. The front came with end links but the rear didn't. Just thought I'd let you know, if you plan on buying them.
Also, they will match any price you find cheaper on the products they sell. It's true, they did this for me.

teamslow

Sep 6, 2006
New Jersey
Finally got the engine and transmission in the car.
p1588100_1.jpg

p1588100_2.jpg

p1588100_3.jpg

Last edited:

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
nice going marc....shoulda hit me up i woulda came down and lent a hand but looks like u got it....great to hear man....

teamslow

Sep 6, 2006
New Jersey
empera;1588117 said:
nice going marc....shoulda hit me up i woulda came down and lent a hand but looks like u got it....great to hear man....
I might need a hand along the way. I'll let you know when I do.
Thanks Julio.

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
Nice going with everything dude.
This ain't a slow build, you bought a built block!! :p
Anyways it looks great and a number of your parts got me mouth watering lol

Hi. Did not realize that NJIT had a Supra's club. I graduated back in 1964 when it was NCE, but have not kept up with the alumni association. Took grad courses but never completed the MSEE. If you would, please let me know more about the club.

Your chrome work is very impressive. Plating aluminum (the fuel rail) is particularly difficult. You must have had a good plating shop. When you install the engine, there are one or two heater hoses that are very difficult to get to between the back of the engine and tubing nubs on the firewall. It might be worthwhile to lower the engine in the bay perhaps 2" forward of the normal position and brace it while installing those hoses.

There is a lot I learned doing an engine build and swap from moving the oil pickup back to hiding a Raptor BOV in the right fender so the modification police would not suspect anything (57 trim turbo is hidden but a few other things are visible.

Please PM me with any questions. I'll be glad to help. I'm off exit 37 on Rt 80. Where are you located?

BernieK

teamslow

Sep 6, 2006
New Jersey
thedave925;1588193 said:
Nice going with everything dude.
This ain't a slow build, you bought a built block!! :p
Anyways it looks great and a number of your parts got me mouth watering lol

Thanks.

berniek;1588207 said:
Hi. Did not realize that NJIT had a Supra's club. I graduated back in 1964 when it was NCE, but have not kept up with the alumni association. Took grad courses but never completed the MSEE. If you would, please let me know more about the club.

Your chrome work is very impressive. Plating aluminum (the fuel rail) is particularly difficult. You must have had a good plating shop. When you install the engine, there are one or two heater hoses that are very difficult to get to between the back of the engine and tubing nubs on the firewall. It might be worthwhile to lower the engine in the bay perhaps 2" forward of the normal position and brace it while installing those hoses.

There is a lot I learned doing an engine build and swap from moving the oil pickup back to hiding a Raptor BOV in the right fender so the modification police would not suspect anything (57 trim turbo is hidden but a few other things are visible.

Please PM me with any questions. I'll be glad to help. I'm off exit 37 on Rt 80. Where are you located?

BernieK

NJIT doesn't have a Supra club. There is a car club, but not a Supra club.
There was four of us at NJIT with MK3 Supras. Me, Iceberg319, Viper92086, and SneakyPete. We all have graduated now.
There were a couple of other ones i've seen but I don't know if they were modded or if they're on this forum.

Chroming was done by superchrome located in Asbury Park NJ. They guarantee there work for 12 months.
http://www.superchrome.info/id2.html

Thanks for the info about the back hoses. I installed one of them, I thought the other ones were easy to reach, but i'll take a look at them tomorrow to make sure.
p1588222_1.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
p1591099_1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It isn't too late to get a thermostatically controlled thermostat and adapter like my original Perma Cool or the new Canton piece. It will make oil changes easier. Is that on your list?

teamslow

Sep 6, 2006
New Jersey
Nick M;1591099 said:
It isn't too late to get a thermostatically controlled thermostat and adapter like my original Perma Cool or the new Canton piece. It will make oil changes easier. Is that on your list?

yea. It was on my list of things to get. but i don't where to get it.

Could you give me some links to the pieces i need to buy and maybe some pictures of your oil filter relocation setup.
Where do i get the thermostat? what's a good oil cooler? where are some good places on the car to mount the adapters?

zurud;1591216 said:
Where did you get the turbo blanket from?
http://www.titanmotorsports.com/bolotubl.html

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
teamslow;1591572 said:
yea. It was on my list of things to get. but i don't where to get it.

Could you give me some links to the pieces i need to buy and maybe some pictures of your oil filter relocation setup.
Where do i get the thermostat? what's a good oil cooler? where are some good places on the car to mount the adapters?

Jdub has a thread on how to do it if you are unsure. But I have pictues in the luxosled thread. I bought both from Summit Racing. Originaly, the relocation kit from Perma Cool was not in stock, but the individual parts were. So I bought the individual parts. The reason I change it was the nipple and line cross paths slightly with the intercooler hose coming off the turbo. Stock is rubber, so it just pushed the hose in a little. But then I switched to the canton piece which goes down instead of horizontal.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CTR-22-596/

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?67868-The-Luxocruiser-3650-lb-sled-thread

Most of the oil filter mods are on the first page. I measured the stock oil cooler, and picked one close to it for my convience. The difference is the core is twice as thick, and a stacked plate design. I don't want to put a bunch of my pictures in your thread, so I will just leave the link. :)