TAX Deadline! Big refund or big pay

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Doward;992202 said:
Of course, I try to have them pull out as little as possible (it's my damn money)

Agreed, Single(1) comes out of my pay, but i obviously claim no dependents come tax-time. Time to knock up the gf ;)

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
We would have gotten back a better refund, but The Pantry, INC (you might recognize it as the Kangaroo gas stations) only took out $3.00 of the $4,000 or so I made last year. Had to pay all the taxes on that one.

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
Slow66;992245 said:
Agreed, Single(1) comes out of my pay, but i obviously claim no dependents come tax-time. Time to knock up the gf ;)

ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!! If you two break up, not only are you paying child support, if she works and has 100% custody, she is the one to claim the child on her taxes.... Then you're truly fuckered

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
I know i know.....i thought the winky face was enough to imply it was a joke. :) Not to mention i'm SURE it costs more to care for the child than any tax return you might receive.

ilikebigbutts

workin' my dream
Jun 10, 2007
Pittsburgh
x10secondzx2;991642 said:
I got around $380. I filed about two months ago so I don't remember.

same here, but it should be enough for my map ecu :icon_bigg

last year i got 300.

This year i pay for school and worked more than twice the amount of time throughout the year period and i only get 80 more...wtf is up with that?

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
My favorite line is "If you think cars are expensive, wait untill you get married"

Actually, a kid does not cost very much money to care for, the wife on the other hand is way more expensive than both kids put together.

Having dependents is great for taxes, I paid no money in taxes at all this year, but still get crap loads back for having them. Don't everyone forget your stimulas check too. jsut because you already got your refund does not mean that you wont get another check for aid.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Slow66;992293 said:
I know i know.....i thought the winky face was enough to imply it was a joke. :) Not to mention i'm SURE it costs more to care for the child than any tax return you might receive.

WHEW.

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
suprarich;992444 said:
My favorite line is "If you think cars are expensive, wait untill you get married"

Actually, a kid does not cost very much money to care for, the wife on the other hand is way more expensive than both kids put together.

Having dependents is great for taxes, I paid no money in taxes at all this year, but still get crap loads back for having them. Don't everyone forget your stimulas check too. jsut because you already got your refund does not mean that you wont get another check for aid.

:icon_eek: want another?

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
suprarich;992444 said:
Actually, a kid does not cost very much money to care for... ...Having dependents is great for taxes, I paid no money in taxes at all this year, but still get crap loads back for having them.

Not in my world. I sat down a few months ago and figured that my 6 year old runs me more per month than my house payment by the time you figure in tuition to replace a worthless public school around the corner (that I also pay taxes for), karate lessons (optional yes, but in today's world learning discipline, self motivation, and arming yourself with the ability to take care of bad guys at a young are all good investments), after school and summer day camp expenses so we can work, etc, etc, etc. A $1,000 tax credit is gone in less than 2 months. I've been through raising a teen, too. Want to talk about prom dresses, ridiculous $$$$ spent on hair, clothes, etc, etc, etc? Ain't nobody getting rich by having kids that I know of. :sarcasm:

suprarich;992444 said:
Don't everyone forget your stimulas check too. jsut because you already got your refund does not mean that you wont get another check for aid.

Don't kid yourself on this one, either. You will definitely account for this money come next April when you file your 2008 taxes.