TAX Deadline! Big refund or big pay

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Everyone get their taxes sent in on time??? Did you have to pay a bunch or did you get a big refund??

Thank goodness for kids is all I got to say. I will be getting back 8800.00 this year.

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
Kick ass refund... I got raped, like usually.. Tax return was only $3,500... My dad though, he's getting the hook up... The last 3 years, his tax preparer (not anymore btw) missed out on a ton of deductions for him.. So he's set to get back possibly 26K it taxes owed to him!

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Smalll refund here but at least I didnt have to pay.
Ever notice how the people that get money back do taxes early. The people that owe always wait till the last minute.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Kckazdude;991627 said:
Smalll refund here but at least I didnt have to pay.
Ever notice how the people that get money back do taxes early. The people that owe always wait till the last minute.

I waited until the last minute and got a refund, I knew I would too, but I just put it off until I couldn't no longer.

Only got back $650.00 Federal, owed the State $212.00, My deduction were set wrong, they're now fixed :).

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Penalized for keeping myself out of debt and for investing in our economy (ie dividends received): I wrote a check for $623 to the federal asshats and $300 to the state of stupidity, er Kentucky.

It amazes me how our government penalizes for working hard, producing more and investing (which stimulates the economy, no?!) while rewarding laziness and irresponsibility. I can't wait to see my taxes go up so we can bail out everybody who bought more house than they could afford with adjustable mortgages when rates were at their lowest ever, and the idiot mortgage companies who made stupid lending decisions.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Shytheed Dumas;991666 said:
Penalized for keeping myself out of debt and for investing in our economy (ie dividends received): I wrote a check for $623 to the federal asshats and $300 to the state of stupidity, er Kentucky.

It amazes me how our government penalizes for working hard, producing more and investing (which stimulates the economy, no?!) while rewarding laziness and irresponsibility. I can't wait to see my taxes go up so we can bail out everybody who bought more house than they could afford with adjustable mortgages when rates were at their lowest ever, and the idiot mortgage companies who made stupid lending decisions.

Yea same here, it sucks we work hard and save/invest and get screwed. Then, theres the people with like 6 kids whos parents work part time and financed a huge house. OF course, they get back thousands just for having kids and financing a house. They dont even Own the house, they are just living in it until its foreclosed.

Alot of people at my work are all setup with a bunch of kids, huge house(banked owned), nice carS(bank owned) and credit cards at their max. Of course they are getting back thousands and are already bragging about buying more stuff. No thought to maybe pay off a credit card or any other debt, just buy more or a down payment on another loan.

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
I own my cars outright, I have no credit card debt.. I have only 1 child.. Maybe that helps me getting money back.. I pay in a lot also.. Think of it this way.. You're just helping out your "extended but illegal" family

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Paid in about 18k to the feds and got back $800... Gotta love it :)

Thats ok though, by next year, i should actually own a house and have an LLC to help out with the refund....

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Good way to go, Brian. Laura and I got back like $1100. Of course, I try to have them pull out as little as possible (it's my damn money)

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
^^^ That's the right idea...big refund means you gave the Fed an intrest free loan month by month last year ;)
Take the exemptions on the W4 and make more $$$ each month.