tattoo question

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
if you were to see this tattoo without knowing what it said, what would be your opinion on it?

sm_photo_missing.jpg

probably gonna go below back of the neck

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
Why get it in a language most can't understand... Yes it is for yourself, but why place it on your body (in a visible location) without being able to readit...

I would say it is an attention "whore" thing to do, because obviously people are going to ask you what it means, or what it says...

I have text on my body, and it is clearly legible by any English speaking person. (Not trying to sound like an ass, just my personal opinion)
l_98bc2e92d493a431e8f1807f313e872f.jpg

Attachments

• rightarm.JPG
    rightarm.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Not a big fan of strange lettered tattoos unless the scripture itself is a major work of art.

The above hyroglyph or whatever it is looks to be Egyptian or Mayan or Inca and looks too plain and basic to really get my appreciation.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Merlyn said:
Why get it in a language most can't understand... Yes it is for yourself, but why place it on your body (in a visible location) without being able to readit...

I would say it is an attention "whore" thing to do, because obviously people are going to ask you what it means, or what it says...
I would have to agree.
I have a tattoo on myself that is written in a foreign language, but I have it placed so it is hidden if I am wearing a shirt. The mark is for myself, and really don't like to draw attention to it.
Ultimately it's you decision, your going to have to live with it forever. You shouldn't care what we think, or have it affect your decision. Just make sure you think about it for a long time.

NocturnalKitty

May 22, 2005
Ca/Az
Dunckel said:
Ultimately it's you decision, your going to have to live with it forever. You shouldn't care what we think, or have it affect your decision. Just make sure you think about it for a long time.

agreed...i have 2 tattoos and have had 3 piercings (other than my ears), one piercing which i still have. the other 2 i just never bothered piercing again though i do not regret them. all of which i thought about for awhile before i got.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
I don't care for a lot of text tatos, they need to be one super correctly. Find a good artist. i have 5 tattoos and I'm getting 2 more tomorrow, one on my upper arm, and one on my finger. Ill post pics later haha

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Merlyn said:

I have text on my body, and it is clearly legible by any English speaking person. (Not trying to sound like an ass, just my personal opinion)

QFT

I have 5 tats and most people would have no idea what they mean. However, they are in pretty obscure places on my body so they are rarely seen.

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
Well, one of my tattoo's people dont know WTF It is, and i get asked a lot about it, so does it truly matter if anyone knows what it is or says? i dont get tattoo's to worry if people will be able to know what it is or say.

p870643_1.jpg

people ask me what it is all the time. I've had people ask me if its a bottle opener, i just agree with w/e they say, i just replied with "yes im a Raging alcoholic" or why i have a heart on my forearm, its all Symbolic man, all up to you

NocturnalKitty

May 22, 2005
Ca/Az
Superjustin13 said:
Well, one of my tattoo's people dont know WTF It is, and i get asked a lot about it, so does it truly matter if anyone knows what it is or says? i dont get tattoo's to worry if people will be able to know what it is or say.

p870713_1.jpg

people ask me what it is all the time. I've had people ask me if its a bottle opener, i just agree with w/e they say, i just replied with "yes im a Raging alcoholic" or why i have a heart on my forearm, its all Symbolic man, all up to you

nice tat

i like the automotive theme...was thinking of doing something like that awhile back

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Don't, your going to regret that big time.

The tattoo ideas I had when I was younger sounded cool, but are definitely not something I would ever really consider getting on my body now.

I'm really excited for more inks tomorrow

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
Big Wang Bandit said:
Don't, your going to regret that big time.

The tattoo ideas I had when I was younger sounded cool, but are definitely not something I would ever really consider getting on my body now.

I'm really excited for more inks tomorrow

X10000000

Dont get it, Unless your SURE you want it, and try thinkin ahead, not something stupid, spur of the moment shit