Targa Bars Group buy!!

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
I dont know if you guys are aware of this but we made a run of Stainless steel Targa bars a few years ago and they were a hit. These are a lightweight two piece design, one for each side that tie the front windshield frame to the rear roof using the factory targa mounting locations and hardware. These can stash under your seat when not in use and install in about one minute or less!!. These make a huge night and day difference to driving with the top off, I ran the prototype set on my 600+ HP car every summer for a few years. You guys have been pestering us about making more of these since then, if there is enough interest in them we to do another production run of them. If we can get 10 sets sold we can offer them at a discounted group buy price. Please let me know if you want in on this.

Here is a link to more info and pics of them:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?110443-Targa-bars-now-available!!

Group buy is now on now until May 1st Click here for link: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...S-by-BIC-Performance-!!&p=1925886#post1925886

Attachments

• BICTagrabars3.JPG
    BICTagrabars3.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 141
  • BICTargabars1.JPG
    BICTargabars1.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I am sort of interested. The only thing holding me back from jumping on the ship for these, is that they are just two pieces of stainless. I honestly don't see how this helps eliminate the wobble with the roof off. Doesn't look like it links anything at all. I mean I know it ties the front and back together, but it just doesn't look like it does anything. There are other bars that I have seen that tie in the front and back, side to side, and from corner to corner. I can't remember who made them but that looked like it worked very well. Just need some reviews on this stuff I guess.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
When these came out, I only had a hardtop.

Now, I have a targa, and though I haven't taken the top off yet, I certainly plan to, so... Yeah. These would be nice to have.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Posted in the other thread. I would like a set. Whats the count up to?

I will take a set. PM me please. I would like to know price shipped to 50313 & see if it would cost any less to get them in a unbrushed finish. Just plan ole metal. Also would like to know how many people you have interested/sent payment to see how long out these will be. Thank you.

Last edited:

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
91Supra313;1915873 said:
I am sort of interested. The only thing holding me back from jumping on the ship for these, is that they are just two pieces of stainless. I honestly don't see how this helps eliminate the wobble with the roof off. Doesn't look like it links anything at all. I mean I know it ties the front and back together, but it just doesn't look like it does anything. There are other bars that I have seen that tie in the front and back, side to side, and from corner to corner. I can't remember who made them but that looked like it worked very well. Just need some reviews on this stuff I guess.

Sorry but we wont be doing an X brace style Targa bar......I know that an X brace may be the most ideal shape from an engineering standpoint, but its just a bit to costly and complicated to build and keep at a reasonable price ( as seen with the weezl wings). The factory targa roof doesnt have any diagonal X bracing in it either, it is basically a perimeter frame with the majority of the strength in the side structure. Trust me though, the two BIC bars make a huge world of difference in stiffening up the car when the roof is off, and best of all its a lightweight, compact and easy to use and store system that will fit under your seat. Taking your roof off then bolting in a big and heavy X brace above your head kind of defeats the purpose of these, and really detracts from the clean lines of the Supra, and then what do you do with it when not in use?, it will either take up your back seat or the majority of your trunk space.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
good points... I can see these helping a lot... and you have no reason to say they make a huge improvement when you're tying to run a legitimate business, selling a product that doesn't hold up to the description would simply be bad for your reputation and business... so I see no reason not to take Randy's word on this. I would prefer an x brace, but he said these help a ton, so I'm on board

jg5899

Mar 28, 2009
California
I'll take a set, I was just talking to someone local about having these fabbed up but seems you have these things proven already.

Trent

Quietly Browsing
Oct 30, 2007
Austin TX
Very interested myself as well. I remember the first run of these what seems like forever ago and I regretted not jumping on them the first time. Please PM or email any pricing or lead time information.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
posted in the other thread, im in for a set

ill be powdercoating them white to match the car lol