take turbo off

7mgtesupra

Nov 7, 2007
tampa,florida
cause turbos are hard to find that are good.this is my first turbo.iam dont want the turbo to go out or lock up and mess my motor up.turbo has a little shaft play all ready but it not smoken yet.

sean210

Father to Be
Nov 26, 2007
indianapolis
I don't see why you shouldn't be able to I do know that it will run very rich.
I'm not sure if the compression is any different in the 7m-gte and the 7m-ge.
What year is it?

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
sean210;880131 said:
I don't see why you shouldn't be able to I do know that it will run very rich.
I'm not sure if the compression is any different in the 7m-gte and the 7m-ge.
What year is it?

compression on an n/a is 9:1 isn't it? that's what i seen the wiesco pistons rated at

sean210

Father to Be
Nov 26, 2007
indianapolis
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the turbo injectors bigger then the n/a injectors. Causing more fuel, and with the loss of air, wouldn't that mean unburnt fuel?

I may be wrong.

If I am let me know.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
Compression is lower, injectors are bigger, cams are different, lots things that will make the car slow as hell if you just 'take the turbo off.'

CT-26 turbo's are actually relatively easy to find. I notice you live in Tampa as well, there are alot of supra owners in your area who can help you out with parts. Also, the supra's stock turbo is pretty tough, at stock boost they last a long time. There's really no need to take the turbo off, just take care of the engine.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
If you wanted an n/a Supra, you should have gotten one. If you want to man up and keep your turbo, go look in the for sale section on this forum and then go check out ebay. You should be able to find a CT-26 in pretty good condition for less than 200 bucks.

Welcome to the site and to your new car. Keep the turbo. You'll grow to love the car soon if you don't already, and you'll definitely enjoy boost.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
sean210;880155 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the turbo injectors bigger then the n/a injectors. Causing more fuel, and with the loss of air, wouldn't that mean unburnt fuel?

I may be wrong.

If I am let me know.

Ummm it has an airflow meter so it knows how much fuel to add to the incoming air ;)

Following your reasoning a turbo motor would run rich off boost then.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
The ct26 is a good turbo and easy to find matter a fact i have 3 ..... 2 that are sitting with barely any shaft play and I am sure there a people on this forum with like 10. You can always buy an upgraded one.

I am with my twin bro-ham Duane if its not broke dont fix it

Duane number 2 :)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
little shaft play is fine... if it's not smoking or doing turbo death whine, and you're really worried aobut it having shaft play, get it rebuilt...

bluemk3

cool
Feb 28, 2006
h burg, PA
seriously i just sold a ct 26 with 20 000 miles on it for 150 bucks it was mint you can get em anywere i do nt understand why eould buy a supra and intentionaly make it slow