Tail Lamp Failure box. Tails out. Help quick.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
Ok. We got the 87T running a while back. The tail lights do not come on with the headlights.

Only light we did anything with while it was down was the drivers headlight. We removed it so we could put the relocation kit in, and put it back in. No problemo.

The tail lamp failure box is burned up. Just one little wirey thingy. It's the second long thinger below the plug. I'd show a pic but my camera is gone. The brake lights work. The blinkers work.

The headlight switch on the steering column is veeeery loose. It doesn't click into any position...rather just slides around in the general area.

Is it possible that the headlight switch shorted out the tails and burned up the box? I do not have a multimeter here...

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
I have the headlight switch and the tail light failure box for sale :) I'll cut you a deal! (off an 87 turbo 5spd).

Other than that, I don't have the answer to your question.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
I've parted out 1.5 supras recently...so I have the parts. Thanks anyway :)

I am going to go buy a multimeter today. I hope it's something stupid and easy to fix...that doesn't require removing half the interior.

Maybe it will be as simple as replacing the switch and doing the lamp failure bypass.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
Tried another box, The brake lights are stuck on. Turned them off before the box burned out.

Is it the brake switch sticking? why would the box burn up?