T61 turbo/intercooler kit install trouble

Mk3bigdreams

Jan 16, 2012
Georgia
Im new to the site, I have an 87 na which I blew up so ive decided to do a jdm swap with a 7m gte. I bought a t61 turbo intercooler and downpipe for it from cx racing and they decided to send me a ic hose fitting thst is too big to mount to the turbo outlet. Any suggestions for fabbing something up to make it fit? Also the accordian hose from the turbo to the afm is not big enough to fit on the end its supposed to, how hard is it to reverse it? any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
You're saying the IC silicone hose is too big for the IC?
If so, send it back. Just be sure you're using the right hose(coupler).
I think some of the couplers are different sizes, depending on where they're supposed to go in the installation.
And it's my understanding that the accordian hose needs to be 'massaged' onto the turbo inlet, as it is a very tight fit.
The age of the accordian causes it to be a bit more brittle/ hard. Assuming we're just talking about a minor variation in fitment,
try spraying down the accordian in armorall, or something to help soften it, let it sit, then lube the inside lip, to aid in fitting it to the turbo.

Mk3bigdreams

Jan 16, 2012
Georgia
Sorry, I should have explained a bit better. I actually figured out the ic piping figured out it was my mistake I misplaced the right coupler. As for the acordian hose, its about 1/4" too small on to fit the turbo because it is bigger than stock