t1 and e1 make no difference in timing!

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
Glad to hear you fixed your drivability problems. Now go check out your TPS and look for codes. My car drives pretty well, but I know my timing is gettin too advanced because I run lean for almost 2 seconds under boost (AEM wideband), then the ECU pulls timing. You could be burning your piston rings so I would def. fix your code 51. I will have time today to work on mine, Ill post tomorrow.

~scott

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
Actually I took it down the street yesterday and had not codes. But I havent checked the timing after it warmed up to see what it was at. I know when I checked it before I drove it that there was no difference in the timing between jumping the leads and not. It didnt advance like the tsrm sais. But I really need to recheck it before i say that for sure.

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
I just adjusted my TPS at lunch, my car pulls stronger??? I moved it just so it idles down almost completly clockwise and then adjusted my CPS back up to 10 with t1 and e1 jumpered. I dont have any code, but my car still stays lean for around 2 seconds. Ill spend a few hours on her and a 6 pack tonite :drink1: . E1 and t1 still have no effect on my timing :3d_frown:

~scott

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
I got my timing to jump, it was easier to see it at night. Seems to be working properly. MK3forme you its hard to notice the difference in day light, I sugguest trying to see if the jumper makes a difference at night.

~scott