Suspension travel felt after WOT. New busings?

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
After WOT pulls when lifting my foot, I can feel and see the nose of the car go down and to the right... I am wondering if it's a blown shock, pushing, or tie rod end... Just has me thinking.

Is this normal if you are making 500+ft. lbs of torque? I always thought the car should feel straight no matter what.

Does anyone know what I am talking about, or do I need to explain it more clearly?

Thanks.

Jeff

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
It is transferring weight from front to back under power, so the nose comes up a bit naturally and it's no surprise that it feels as if its nose diving when you "shut off" the power. Yes, it should be straight and controlled, so it sounds like either the damper settings are screwy or one of them has failed.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
This has happened with more than one set of front tires. I am noticing it now more than ever, and I think it's time to install the JIC FLA2's......

I am convinced it's a shock. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I really appreciate it.

J

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Do you mean the right side goes down farther or that it pulls to the right? Could be rear suspension movement causing toe changes.

Only way to really know is to get to inspecting. I know it sucks with it being winter and all...

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I don't mind it being winter. I just do not know what else to check. When I go over bumps one part of the car drops too quickly it seems.

Turning and so forth seems okay. I do not notice any fluid leaking out of the shocks. The shocks have been on the car since about 2001-2002? Pretty old tokico blues

Do bushings cause my car's symptoms? Those need to get replaced next.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Bushings possibly can, but not alone. Sounds like a blown shock, wouldn't be too hard to tell if it's that bad as it's probably leaking.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I found the rear driver's side shock leaking yesterday from the top.

I have other coilovers, but they are pretty firm and will probably reduce my "from a roll" traction me thinks.

Thanks again guys.

Jeff