Suspension Bushings

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
That is a good point because I don't plan on doing anything crazy with the car for a very long time and I am planning on making it more of a GT car instead of a track beast or whatever.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
When I replaced my springs and shocks where can I get the mounts that are TEMS compatible or should I just re use the stock mounts? Also should I replace the bolts and nuts? I fear I will have another O2 sensor housing incident where the nut would start cross threading.

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
I bought my Tokico Illuminas, and Eibach springs from Kuruma Motoring for 700.00 on ebay, he also sells the shocks with H&R springs.Then I bought KYB shock boots from RockAuto so the shafts would be somewhat protected from road debris. I've had the Energy Suspension Poly bushings for a few years now since my car was the donor car Energy used to create them, no squeks here.
Geezer

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
yhatzee89;1927340 said:
What about the nylon bushings I've heard about? Are those worth chasing down a set?

Nope. Not only is nylon not up to the task as a bearing material, using it in the rear lower arms is asking for breakage.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
suprageezer;1928378 said:
I bought my Tokico Illuminas, and Eibach springs from Kuruma Motoring for 700.00 on ebay, he also sells the shocks with H&R springs.Then I bought KYB shock boots from RockAuto so the shafts would be somewhat protected from road debris. I've had the Energy Suspension Poly bushings for a few years now since my car was the donor car Energy used to create them, no squeks here.
Geezer
what grease did you use and how long has it been since you greased them?

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
suprageezer;1928378 said:
Geezer

Why didnt those guys go all the way and take care of the subframe bushings?

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
Doat, whatever Energy sells is what I imagine they used when they did my bushings. Its been at least three years and maybe 50-60K miles and no squeaks.

Grim, that's a great question, it took years of me and other members here hounding them before they finally said if someone offers up a donor car we'll make them, I did, and they did. I would say launch a campaign for them to make them and hopefully they will see a potential profit in making them.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
One man's quiet can be another man's raucous noise.... Maybe geezer is just lucky, but google poly bushing squeak and see how many hits you get. Its a problem, maybe not for everyone, but there's an awful lot of people fighting squeaky poly bushings.