Supra's big body brother

Ofc. Dangle

Apr 10, 2010
Failtown, Florida
Whats up guys name is Shawn most people call me Dangle because of my line of work. I own a 91 Toyota Cressida. Right now the car is undergoing a 1j swap because taaaadaaaa the 7m blew a head gasket. I am doing a minor rebuild on a Soarer 1j, hot tank and decking the block, hone and aligning the crank, high pressure clean and decking the head, new rings, arp headstuds, and all new gaskets and belts and some Denso 550cc injectors. The motor is currently in the machine shop getting the work done. I am going to check out the motor tomorrow actually. The wheels in these photo's are mine but just test fitted to see how much work is going to be needed to make them fit.
p1548601_1.jpg

p1548601_2.jpg

p1548601_3.jpg

p1548601_4.jpg

I also got this twin scroll manifold for a pretty decent price.
p1548601_5.jpg

p1548601_6.jpg

Comments, criticism, or whatever is welcomed.

Ofc. Dangle

Apr 10, 2010
Failtown, Florida
The bay is gutted right now because I am awaiting the motor from the machine shop. Just doing some last minute stuff to the motor but still need a tranny, clutch, wastegate, turbo, bov. The list goes on and on. I am leaning towards having a flywheel machine to accept US clutch so I can run a twin disc for considerably cheaper than buying an OS Giken twin disc.

supra0022

Apr 6, 2010
Suffolk, VA
Ofc. Dangle;1550361 said:
The bay is gutted right now because I am awaiting the motor from the machine shop. Just doing some last minute stuff to the motor but still need a tranny, clutch, wastegate, turbo, bov. The list goes on and on. I am leaning towards having a flywheel machine to accept US clutch so I can run a twin disc for considerably cheaper than buying an OS Giken twin disc.

Just info you. Clutmasters has a light wieght flywheel for the 1j as well a 3 stages of clutches for it. total price for flywheel and the stage one clutch is about 1200 for both. There site is clutchmasters.com