Supramania's Elite Engine bay Thread...ZERO progress pics.

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
I agree that IBoughtASupra's engine bay can be considered elite. I mean, it's not 'show car' elite, but certainly has a lot of work into it and is not stock. It's cleaned up, functional, and has some styling to it. Just because he doesn't have a FFIM doesn't mean it's not one of the nicer bays of a 7M.

Here's my recently sold motor:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Some things I never got around to doing, fixing the wires by the CPS, making the FPR actually sit straight, etc.. but.. overall I think it's pretty clean and possibly "elite"

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
whitemike;1671295 said:
I agree that IBoughtASupra's engine bay can be considered elite. I mean, it's not 'show car' elite, but certainly has a lot of work into it and is not stock. It's cleaned up, functional, and has some styling to it. Just because he doesn't have a FFIM doesn't mean it's not one of the nicer bays of a 7M.

Agreed, and hopefully in a couple months I can tip my hat into this category when the bay is finished while the rest of the car looks like a wreck. Making the stock intake look good is hard work, and I am sticking with it almost out of curiosity to see what can be done among other reasons (the car is kind of a science experiment for me)

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
It's not the 7M that I have an issue with, it's the clutter. IBoughtASupra, I do recognize your efforts as being good quality work (and I too spent about $100 on a braided AN line that's just a breather line) that I respect, and I do see that the engine can be easy to work on, but it just seems to me that there is too much clutter (comes with the 7M, although having ABS really doesn't help). I'm just really anal about that kind of thing. Hell, when I removed my heater and A/C I not only pulled the heater core, but also every component of the system (including almost every bit of wire) so that it looks like the Supra didn't even come with the option. I even went as far as opening up the wiring harnesses, removing the wires, and then re-wrapping them so that they looked factory. Like I said, I'm anal and OCD.

dslocal, I'd definitely consider your engine bay to be elite. Very well executed.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
I have to say sometimes detailing a part rather than eliminating it is more of an achievement and can be considered more elite in some respects

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Maybe we should start a detailing thread, where people can post detailed parts and share ideas, I'd love to see what others have done with ABS units heater taps etc and just bounce ideas off each other

Dec 31, 2010
IL
HKS_TRD;1671338 said:
I have to say sometimes detailing a part rather than eliminating it is more of an achievement and can be considered more elite in some respects

I highly Agree, Also it may be a little late to start telling ppl their engine isn't elite. The thread has already deviated and were just having fun. The integrity of the thread is improved imo, to ask mods to remove mediocre pics is borderline disrespectful. The idea to have a showroom engine bays is a "My new wallpaper" thread waiting to happen. I posted my HKS 5M not understanding what Zero progress meant. Can someone explain? Sounds like stock to me, then after mods? Bottom line this is a GREAT thread even if it strayed...

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2010
IL
honestabe;1671336 said:
It's not the 7M that I have an issue with, it's the clutter. IBoughtASupra, I do recognize your efforts as being good quality work (and I too spent about $100 on a braided AN line that's just a breather line) that I respect, and I do see that the engine can be easy to work on, but it just seems to me that there is too much clutter (comes with the 7M, although having ABS really doesn't help). I'm just really anal about that kind of thing. Hell, when I removed my heater and A/C I not only pulled the heater core, but also every component of the system (including almost every bit of wire) so that it looks like the Supra didn't even come with the option. I even went as far as opening up the wiring harnesses, removing the wires, and then re-wrapping them so that they looked factory. Like I said, I'm anal and OCD.

dslocal, I'd definitely consider your engine bay to be elite. Very well executed.

So does this give you a heart attack? :yikes: I like the chaos, but I see alot of you guys tuck and hide, maybe I should get black hoses and hide stuff? Take a deep breath before you reply, lol!:naughty:

p1674531_1.jpg

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
6M, 5M, 7M, it's all the same to me clutter wise :D Clean work done, although I would have used black instead of blue since the contrast is so great. The black hoses would really help clean up the engine bay. You could also polish the PS reservoir since it's aluminum. Mine only took me a couple hours to do. Atleast you kept the theme going of black, red and blue. Reminds me of a Supra that got into a fight (funny enough, my Supra was sporting blue, black, and red paint on the body due to an accident and busted mirrors).

Dec 31, 2010
IL
honestabe;1674593 said:
6M, 5M, 7M, it's all the same to me clutter wise :D Clean work done, although I would have used black instead of blue since the contrast is so great. The black hoses would really help clean up the engine bay. You could also polish the PS reservoir since it's aluminum. Mine only took me a couple hours to do. Atleast you kept the theme going of black, red and blue. Reminds me of a Supra that got into a fight (funny enough, my Supra was sporting blue, black, and red paint on the body due to an accident and busted mirrors).

HAHA, I lol'd as I knew that would come up. Meh I did go crazy, I figured if I'm ganna buy a bunch of silicon, might as well get blue... Anyways I still have alot of work to do, so I'll keep that in mind when I pull the engine Nov of this year.