Supramania Forza Motorsport 2 Tournament (Xbox 360)

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
sm_photo_missing.jpg

It looked like there was some interest in a Forza 2 tournament in the other thread. I'd be willing to host one as long as we can get at least 6 people involved. If we get more than the game supports (8 I think) then we will have a 2 or more tournaments running, with the 1st and 2nd place winners from each tournament participating in a final race for the title of "Supramania's Forza Motorsport Grand Champion" or something like that.

The Gran Turismo tournament for those who remember was pretty fun but I think it didn't reach what it could have been because: Gran Turismo 4's lack of online support, and that each race took the span of a week causing some to get bored and drop out (Like me). Xbox live takes care of the online part and Forza 2 allows you to race a series of up to 7 tracks, so the whole tournament should only take an hour or two.

I haven't thought it all the way through yet but I'll edit this section if other people offer some of their own input. I'll be putting up 1 free month of Xbox live gold to the winner, if anyone else wants to put up prizes feel free.

Possible Participants:
Yellow 13
Swaq
D34DC311
Lino
7MBoost
Doward
MKIIIentropy
Natedogr
Fuzz420
JMDigital
Turbogate
Canadian_psyko
Blackturbona
ArthurRitus
Faithless88

Date:
Sunday January 27th @ 7PM

Cars:
MKIII Supra
MKIV Supra
Toyota 2000GT

Class:
A Class

Tracks:
Suzaka Circuit (Long)
Mazda Laguna Seca
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit (Long)
Nurburgring
Mugello (Long)
Seabring International Raceway (Long)
King Cobra

Advanced Rules:
Damage Type: Simulation
Tires and Fuel: Simulation
Car Collisions: Ghost
Grid Start Order: Random
End Race Timer: 3 Minutes

Prizes:

1 Month Xbox Live gold membership

Last edited:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
I'm in, you just need Silver membership to play forza 2 right? I havent played online, since I got my xbox last sunday.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I'd love to do this, but I wouldn't be able to participate unless it was later in January. 19th at the earliest, probably. I'm going to be on my honeymoon early January, then moving to Tucson mid-January.

[edit] A 12 [+1] month XBox Live Gold membership card can be purchased from Amazon.com for $44, free shipping. [/edit]

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Yellow 13 said:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/features/silverage.htm

I'm pretty sure you need a gold membership to play others online. I've never used silver so I don't know.

You can buy a month of gold for $6.95 (I think) from the dashboard though. I usually just go to best buy and get a whole year for $60.

Well I leave at the end of jan. to go to germany, so I wouldnt need a year, I can afford $7 but I'll see what I can do with the silver.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
swaq said:
I'd love to do this, but I wouldn't be able to participate unless it was later in January. 19th at the earliest, probably. I'm going to be on my honeymoon early January, then moving to Tucson mid-January.

Early-Mid January was just what I thought. Anytime before march 31st works for me.

BTW: Didn't you end up winning the GT4 tournament? I remember playing hell trying to beat your times.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
JMDigital said:
Sounds cool... I hope to have soon.. Forza is the only reason I want an XBOX 360, plus it would look cool on my 100in projector :)

Cool yea I ended buying a 360 arcade version, it comes with a memory card, so I can get on live. I didnt need a harddrive, I've got 2teras of space on my PC. So buy the arcade version, comes with 256mb memory card, and wireless controller, then forza is pretty cheap.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
D34DC311 said:
Cool yea I ended buying a 360 arcade version, it comes with a memory card, so I can get on live. I didnt need a harddrive, I've got 2teras of space on my PC. So buy the arcade version, comes with 256mb memory card, and wireless controller, then forza is pretty cheap.

One of the versions right now, Premium I think, comes with Forza and another game bundled for the regular console price.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Yellow 13 said:
One of the versions right now, Premium I think, comes with Forza and another game bundled for the regular console price.

Yea, Premium = 20gig HD, Wireless Controller, Forza/ultimate alliance = 349

Arcade = 256mb memory card, Wireless Controller, and no Forza = 279

Its cheaper to just get the Arcade and by Forza, than to buy the premium.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Yellow 13 said:
Early-Mid January was just what I thought. Anytime before march 31st works for me.

BTW: Didn't you end up winning the GT4 tournament? I remember playing hell trying to beat your times.
Okay, late January would probably work best for me.

Yeah, I think I won the GT4 tournament. I'm currently in the top 10% for time trials in Forza 2.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
D34DC311 said:
Yea, Premium = 20gig HD, Wireless Controller, Forza/ultimate alliance = 349

Arcade = 256mb memory card, Wireless Controller, and no Forza = 279

Its cheaper to just get the Arcade and by Forza, than to buy the premium.

Cool I guess I will buy that bundle!! we are just big kids right!!??

I have never actually played forza, I have only seen it on posts here and whatever I find on the web. Can someone tell me about how easy or hard it is to master driving in the game? I have played race car games on the PC and on other game systems and have noticed that some games look great however the controls are so hard to get used to it makes it hard to have any fun. Most of the time it seems to be a lack of good steering control, either too sensitive or not sensitive enough.

Last edited:

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Lino said:
I'm in. But what class?

Stock or Completely modified would be most fair since everyone would have the same car basically. It would all just come down to the tune and who drives the best.

With the Gran Turismo Tournament we had a spending budget which I didn't like very much. With Forza we could use the class function. That way people would have to decide on what upgrades they want to use and the cars would be a lot more varied.

I'll try and add a poll later, or if you just want to cast a vote for classes/stock/fully modified just put in in a post until then, Or give your own Idea.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
there is only one reason to play forza, and that, is, DRIFT TANDEM BATTLES.
p862037_1.jpg

hahaha me and my friends would do that and it was flippin awesome.

so do it

Now

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Yellow 13 said:
Stock or Completely modified would be most fair since everyone would have the same car basically. It would all just come down to the tune and who drives the best.

With the Gran Turismo Tournament we had a spending budget which I didn't like very much. With Forza we could use the class function. That way people would have to decide on what upgrades they want to use and the cars would be a lot more varied.

I'll try and add a poll later, or if you just want to cast a vote for classes/stock/fully modified just put in in a post until then, Or give your own Idea.
I would suggest limiting it to a specific class. That way it doesn't matter as much which car you pick. I'd like completely stock too, but then we would have to limit it to just one car. My vote is for limiting it to A class.