suprakid24's build up round #2 (PICS)

mk3design

The Name is Snakes
Jul 1, 2006
Arizona
Im diggin the whaletail. I hope it did get block sanded like you said though. Orbital sanders are the devil for a good paintjob.

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
Nice build! Thats always a bummer to find body work where you didnt expect it, looks like it was done well though. Did you re-do the body work or just leave it as it was?

suprakid24

Turbo'd
Jan 6, 2007
Texas
www.cardomain.com
mk3design;1426346 said:
Im diggin the whaletail. I hope it did get block sanded like you said though. Orbital sanders are the devil for a good paintjob.

Yea, alot of block sanding

supramk3speed;1430661 said:
Nice car, good to see another Texas owner on here. Good luck with the build (subscribed)
*james*;1426458 said:
Nice build! Thats always a bummer to find body work where you didnt expect it, looks like it was done well though. Did you re-do the body work or just leave it as it was?

Thanks! If there was any rust, it was cut out and replaced.

Update pic
p1432046_1.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Damn Craig!!!!!!! That thing is awesome looking. It's going to suck having your car look better than mine and be quicker. It's not going to hurt my feelings that much now if you decide not to go this year...........:evil2:

I started sanding on mine today as well. I'm going to respray it before the Texas meet. Hopefully the trim isn't too hard to get off. I've never removed it, but I'm going to this time. I'm going to paint it myself, so I doubt it turns out as good as yours.

When I saw the eight grand on the dyno I just about passed out. Mine is built for it, but I'm too big a sissy to rev mine past 7500 rpm........:aigo:

The last time I dyno'd mine, it made 616rwhp and 569 rwtq. I"m hoping I don't break my R154 again. I dropped it off today at the transmission place and I'm hoping to have a spare with me at the texas meet just in case.

Except for the side skirts, your car is exactly like mine now. The black looks SOOOOOOOOO good on there.

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
suprakid24;1493851 said:
Updated quick pic from my phone

She is absolutely beautiful

Keep up the great work

Congratulations

Very nice that you build our sweet 7M up,the turbo is badass

and I really love the new paint job , looking at the whale tail makes me order on right away....

:icon_bigg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Craig, that thing is beautiful. Where did you get the wing on the back? I love that ten times better than my whale tail.

I love your tail lights also.

suprakid24

Turbo'd
Jan 6, 2007
Texas
www.cardomain.com
suprahero;1512720 said:
Craig, that thing is beautiful. Where did you get the wing on the back? I love that ten times better than my whale tail.

I love your tail lights also.

Thanks Jay, that wing is the shine auto whale tail? I'm not sure how much different the low profile ones are, but that's the one I have. You know what's funny about the tail lights? The painter was just tinting them and I said eh one more coat and he did another and bam they were black lol. Not sure if they are going to stay like that or not, but I think they look good they grow on me, my only concern is how bright the tails are going to be.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Did you go up in the valve size? What were you boost levels on that last Dyno pull? I have a VERY similar setup. Just curious what Im gonna pull. Hoping for close to 600. I already have the FFIM. But Im just slacking on putting it all together. BTW love the black. AND don't go lower.