www.cardomain.com
Zumtizzle;1183146 said:
holy shit.

no thrust bearings!

Mine were still in tact. :p

Looking good bud!

Let me know how the idle is with 272's.

I'm leaning on 272 In and 264 EX. ;)

Thanks! I'm sure I will be posting up how it runs when it's done along with alot of footage :)

MK3.0dudeman;1183303 said:
all I could say is WOW!I love that ffim

What FFIM?? I still need one! lol

Here is a pic I took today

sm_photo_missing.jpg

suprakid24

Turbo'd
Jan 6, 2007
Texas
www.cardomain.com
So here it is, the motor without the head. We had sent them 2 motors and one was to work on and one was to just check to make sure everything was good. They ended up knife edging the spare motor's crank, so they went ahead and did that one with no extra charge. So now we have the block assembled, complete with a knife edged crank, and a spare knife edged crank to go along with it - both 6M cranks. On with the pics... the head should be in later this week, and the car is going off for a 6 point roll bar tomorrow.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1224563_1.jpg

p1224563_2.jpg

p1224563_3.jpg

p1224563_4.jpg

suprakid24

Turbo'd
Jan 6, 2007
Texas
www.cardomain.com
87M-GTE;1232632 said:
Looks awesome! and I thought your car was sick before the operation:aigo:

Thanks, can't wait until it's running again :cry:

Here is the motor, we dropped it in the other night... I have alot more pics but photobucket keeps freezing up on me when I try to load them.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1235365_1.jpg

My steering wheel I got for xmas

p1235365_2.jpg

suprakid24

Turbo'd
Jan 6, 2007
Texas
www.cardomain.com
funky_monkey58;1235377 said:
^ you have allot going on under that hood.

super.secret.supra.club;1235434 said:
i agree. you have such a nice, clean looking motor and you look at the bay and it looks like shit. not bashing at all. but you should do some wire clean up.

cheers
ed.d.

I agree with you both, there is so much stuff under there that it doesn't seem like there would be anywhere else to put it...

I would like to clean up the wires somehow, if you have any tips lmk

ask92;1235562 said:
Love that steering wheel..do u plan to make the buttons do anything?Nice supra!

Line lock (reason it has buttons) and... idk yet maybe just the horn, and thanks!

suprakid24

Turbo'd
Jan 6, 2007
Texas
www.cardomain.com
So... we have the motor back an and we are trying to get it to turn over but for some reason it won't. We aren't trying to start it, just trying to turn it with oil in it, but it won't crank over. We are thinking maybe it has something to do with removing the stock steering wheel, maybe something with the anti theft?

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
suprakid24;1239231 said:
So... we have the motor back an and we are trying to get it to turn over but for some reason it won't. We aren't trying to start it, just trying to turn it with oil in it, but it won't crank over. We are thinking maybe it has something to do with removing the stock steering wheel, maybe something with the anti theft?

Apply a 12 volt source to the trigger on the starter. I do it all the time so I can turn over the engine while checking stuff under the hood when I am alone.

suprakid24

Turbo'd
Jan 6, 2007
Texas
www.cardomain.com
funky_monkey58;1239250 said:
Apply a 12 volt source to the trigger on the starter. I do it all the time so I can turn over the engine while checking stuff under the hood when I am alone.

Yea we thought about doing that, but everything is hooked up already to where it should be turning with the key, so we were just trying to figure out why it wouldn't do it.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
Did you make sure it turned over before you got it all together and in the car?

I always spin my engines several times through the engine building process...

but if your car just doesnt start, then i would pull it out and find the problem before you ruin this beautiful setup you have built.

suprakid24

Turbo'd
Jan 6, 2007
Texas
www.cardomain.com
Rennat;1239750 said:
Did you make sure it turned over before you got it all together and in the car?

I always spin my engines several times through the engine building process...

but if your car just doesnt start, then i would pull it out and find the problem before you ruin this beautiful setup you have built.

No it's not that it wouldn't spin, the starter just wasn't getting any juice from the key being turned. Turns out that resetting the alarm (lock doors and unlock them with the key) was the trick, now it turns over with the key.