supradiction..

dmvirus

Feb 14, 2007
cebu, philippines
this is what i mostly do. improve whatever i can on my 91 twin. i try to make the most of the the acronym DIY ( do it yourself)
just thought id share my work with the rest of you guys.:icon_bigg
didnt include the maintinance things.

currently i havealready installed vacuum(dont know why i put that one in), volts, and rpm gauge. repainted the center console, changed the boot cover for a momo leather,and a Mogg shift knob, changed the crappy 3m steering wheel for a Personal and lots of underdash rewiering. and i added an omp fourpoint harness.
p1330090_1.jpg

p1330090_2.jpg

p1330090_3.jpg

wanted clarity to my audio so i added Focal K3 165 polykevlar line speakers.

ok for the engine bay this is how it looked like when i bought the car
p1330090_4.jpg

now i polished the cover and the rest of the aluminum parts of the engine bay when i had the engine rebuild which took me 6 months to wait for the damn apex headgasket i ordered from the states. and i put in a KYB three puck racing clutch.
pic when the engine was coming appart. dont have something to pull the engine out so it was dismemberd piece by piece inside the engine bay.:sarcasm:
p1330090_5.jpg

picture when i finally put the engine back in as you can see i work mostly at night because it is hot as hell during the day.:icon_bigg
p1330090_6.jpg

had the car repainted with a red that didnt seem brown i the evening.
and i got a sponsorship from meguiars so they cleaned up the new paint pretty nicely.
p1330090_7.jpg

i painted the rims metallic gold. which i thought would be crappy but turned out pretty nice.:icon_bigg and i changed the lugg nutts.
p1330090_8.jpg

now to current date.
last night i pulled appart the suspension so the car currently sits on a pair of wheels and a pair of jackstands (only have two):cry:
p1330090_9.jpg

p1330090_10.jpg

p1330090_11.jpg

p1330090_12.jpg

have to change the old springs and strutts. as usual i couldnt find parts for my supra here in the philippines so i had the idea of changing them to the most similar looking ones i could find. this is where the excitement begins.
check out the difference.
p1330090_13.jpg

the upper one is the one from the rear and the lower one is from the front. the only strutts i could find were the front strutts for the toyota crown.:1zhelp: now i have to change the springs to ones from the rear suspension of the mitsubishi gallant( the only ones that could maintain the stock ridegeight and fit on the kyb excel-g) i dont know if its such a good idea but im going to put the same new struts and springs up front and in the rear. there is no other way to do it because i dont want to have to order again from the states.
ill post new pics when im done. pardon my english and the blurry photography.:icon_bigg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Looks like you've been busy. Good luck with the rest of the project and it's looking great soooo far.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Yeah- something's not right here.
Are these pics of two different cars? Was the 1JZ available stock in a LHD car?

Mondo

May 26, 2009
Wisconsin
Don't want to say this is the case, but just wanted to toss it out there.

Im part of a Honda owners community also and someone there had a impersonator at a forum elsewhere.

Person copied EVERYTHING from her build thread, onto another forum and acted as the real person.

This seems supicious.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
When youve got a car as well known as ron's (where a picture of it is one "mk3 supra" google image search away) its not surprising to see it in a scam ad as with many of the MKIV ones.

idk

Last edited:

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
dmvirus;1330090 said:
currently i have already installed vacuum(dont know why i put that one in), volts, and rpm gauge. repainted the center console, changed the boot cover..

I wonder too why you put in a vucuum gauge for your 1J.