Supra vs Ford GT on Forum Wars

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Moy;1698448 said:
dollar vs dollar, the Supra is WAY cheaper. So technically the Supra owner won automatically haha

I guess we can say that about all of the "lesser" cars out there that can compete and beat us. Omni, Neon, Civic, and the list goes on.
I dunno, I just never did like the dollar vs dollar comparison. Run what you brung. Don't pull out the, "we'll at least I only have $$$ into mine" card. But that's just me.

ask92

That guy.
Nov 17, 2008
Rocklin, CA
Lol i dont think the $100,000 more for the GT is worth the 1 second difference in the road course, and the supra was faster in the drag, a bit sad if you ask me but still some great cars.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Meh. Problem is, of the three races, two were advantage GT. The Supra should have setup for road racing / slalom, then we'd have a fair comparison. As it was, setting up for drag just ensured he lost.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
That's why I want to be set for drag and road course. I also love driving on fun curvy roads heh.

I'm sure if the supra was well rounded it would've knocked the guys mullet off! Nice vid though. Looks like they had fun.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Ford GT ran the whole road course in 2nd gear. That's torque advantage there. Even if the Supra was set up for turns I really think the GT would have still edged him out on the last two events.