Supra sounds like a chopper!

Jonnymkiii

High Altitude
Mar 31, 2005
Boulder, Co
EFA, Congrats! To be down since the winter is a long time.

I checked into the injectors myself, and this is what I found out.

- If I pull the #5 plug wire, I notice a small difference in the way the car idles, but the others made a noticeable difference.
- If I pull the #5 injector clip, I notice no difference in the idle, but the other I noticed a big difference.
- If I pull the #5 injector clip, then the plug wire, I notice a small difference.

I do believe there is a problem with the #5 injector, but I don't know why I notice a difference in the idle when I pull the #5 plug wire - I would expect there to be no difference.

Nonetheless, I want to check to make sure the injector clip is getting the necessary voltage... does anyone know what each wire should read?

Jonnymkiii

High Altitude
Mar 31, 2005
Boulder, Co
Definate injector!!

Last night, when the engine was warmed up and missing, I checked the injector plug and the injector's ohm.

The plug appears to be ok.. both connectors in the plug read 12.16v with the IGN on.
When I checked the ohms on the injector, however, I didn't get a complete circuit, whereas with the other injectors, I did.

I checked the ohms again this morning and I get a complete circuit now. So, my conclution is that the injector is malfunctioning when it gets warm.

I thank the folks on this thread for providing the information I needed to pinpoint the problem! Now I just need to find an injector.