Supra Mk3 Tuning

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
grimreaper;1849335 said:
^ to be fair, i have logged fuel cut that "wanders" a bit. I have had FC at 1400hz and then successfully managed 1900hz with out fc. Kind of a moving target we all attribute to psi alone, but thats only one variable..

Your unit from SP has a bigger compressore than my old fashioned TO4E. Fuel cut is from the PCM guess at air flow into the engine, main input being the AFM. ECT is a correction factor, along with HAC, and IAT. Ne (engine speed) is also a main input for factor.

Last edited:

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
^ Didnt know there was that many variables. Good info. Makes you wonder how any car enthusiast can even come close to replicating what a manufacture has put into their engine management.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I recomend a hot wire mass airflow sensor with its bridged resistors. It takes an accurate reading, unlike KV which is really good, and speed density which is also a really good guess. Too bad we don't have one, because the market doesn't ask for it.

Last edited:

87targa

Nov 14, 2005
Utah
7M-KDL: I started with 550/lex with safc, then 750/lex with safc, then 750 speed density with maftpro, now on a standalone.

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
87targa;1850000 said:
7M-KDL: I started with 550/lex with safc, then 750/lex with safc, then 750 speed density with maftpro, now on a standalone.
I'm on 660/lex and safc, trying to figure out if I should go maft or just be patient and go standalone a little later. I plan on going standalone sometime just not sure when budget will allow it. How far were you able to go before the safc just wasn't enough? How far did the maft get you? I was looking at maft because it seems like it will be cheaper and better in the long run because it has timing control(doesn't it), boost control, and speed density capabilities. This as opposed to safc+boost controller+map ecu(or equivalent).

Supra_Saiyan

Jun 5, 2012
Colorado
87targa;1850000 said:

I would go with your setup but that maftpro is out of my price budget :nono: