supra good in circuit racing?

jackattack

Apr 12, 2007
kitchener
hi i need sum help!!! i dont no what to do i hav a 7m supra all stock in my garage and a 92 civic with a b16a motor. I was offered $3200 cnd for my civic and i was planing to but a 1jz swap from the money.i was wondering would the supra be a good circuit racing car or should i stay with the civic??????

Aug 13, 2005
Alberta
Well how good of condition is the car. I mean it is 20years old so things will have to be replaced. For 3200 can you fix everything on the car, get a good headgastket, do suspention work, better oiling system, better fuel system and an upgraded turbo from MDC? A car is a car and it depends on the work done to it as well as the driver.

And swapping a 1J will not fix the rest of the problems on your car. For one the turbos have a tendency to eat themselves, so you would want to get the ct-26 manifold from bigarron. Then how good is the engine that you are getting in the first place. do you know if it has a good headgasket, seals, bearings, valves etc.

Bottom line: if you are planning to race the car, do the reasearch, build the car properly and then profit. lol.

Again the car is OLD you WILL have to fix/replace stuff on it and also it depends on the driver too, dont forget this.

Oh and welcome to the forums. Use the search function, it is awesome. And to prevent yourself from being flamed, take the two extra seconds to write out the entire word. Some people on this forums will take the time to make fun of you for that. Just a warning.

jackattack

Apr 12, 2007
kitchener
the reason i want to get a new engine is that the 7m was abused i got the car passed down to me. the frame is solid almost everything was replaced on it its just my pops gave it hell before he passed it down 2 me. the engine is going to die soon so i was thinking putting in a 1jz or a 3sgte but i wasint sure if the supra was anygood in circuit racing like if i could get better times with my civic i would keep it. iv driven the car around my block but to me it seems the ass comes out alot or maybe im used to my civic.

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
I think you asked this on SF too. There's lots of factors. Cost wise, go with the Civic, it's less abusive on tires, brakes and suspension (much lighter) and parts are relatively cheap. Plus someone at the track will likely have a replacement part (good luck finding another Supra at a track)
Lots of classes for Honda as well.

The Supra is a fun track car, no competive classes for it that I'm aware of (maybe GT classing where you'll see $$$ WRX's and RX7's) and there are time trials for any car where you run for fastest lap, not finishing position.
Check out www.nasaproracing.com
Brian

boosted17

Jun 5, 2005
Florence, KY
I love supra's but the civic would be cheaper. I know auto-xing I got stuck in a class with faster car. With my crx it was a better class. My Supra was more fun to drive though.

supraman24

Trooper
Apr 12, 2007
Prattville, Alabama
I have a Supra and a civic too and I have to say that the civic would be a better auto-xing car. The supra would dececrate all if it wasn't so heavy, but then it wouldn't be a supra. Plus, like somebody said before, if you have a part break at the track there is a much better chance of finding a quick replacement that day with the civic, but with the Supra you'd be SCREWED! Good luck w/ whatever project you go with though man!

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
supraman24 said:
I have a Supra and a civic too and I have to say that the civic would be a better auto-xing car. The supra would dececrate all if it wasn't so heavy, but then it wouldn't be a supra. Plus, like somebody said before, if you have a part break at the track there is a much better chance of finding a quick replacement that day with the civic, but with the Supra you'd be SCREWED! Good luck w/ whatever project you go with though man!

Your kidding right?
Throw some coilovers on it, and good tires, and the supra is going to spank a civic on a road course.