supra exhaust

Liger07

Mar 28, 2023
has anyone used the Malian catback exhaust for there mk3. did you like it, did it sound good, were there any draw backs

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
I have not tried it but I did have a look at it on their website. It's on the cheaper end of the spectrum and for that reason it could be a good starting point for some modifications. It does say that it's stainless steel, but they do not specify which quality it is. They show pictures of the welds from the outside but not from the inside so it's unclear if they back purged it. The V-bands are not self aligning and it looks like they have nylon lock nuts which can work for awhile depending on how hot it gets. No real info about the silencer.
I think I did see sound clips on youtube so that might be your best source for how it sounds.
Hope that helps.

Liger07

Mar 28, 2023
I have not tried it but I did have a look at it on their website. It's on the cheaper end of the spectrum and for that reason it could be a good starting point for some modifications. It does say that it's stainless steel, but they do not specify which quality it is. They show pictures of the welds from the outside but not from the inside so it's unclear if they back purged it. The V-bands are not self aligning and it looks like they have nylon lock nuts which can work for awhile depending on how hot it gets. No real info about the silencer.
I think I did see sound clips on youtube so that might be your best source for how it sounds.
thanks for the infor just got my mk3 last month so pretty new to the supra world

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Look at the HKS Catback. Of all the one's I have owned its the best. 3", no drone... loud, but not annoying. (my opinion)
Plus.. its twin tip and looks identical to original (other than bigger, newer, etc.. : )