Supra Drive and Cruise

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Hey everyone, I am planning a Supra drive and cruise for sometime around late August-Mid September timeframe. I haven't nailed down an exact date yet because we are pretty flexible, so whatever Saturday works best for you. This would be an all day trip and would run from Pasco, WA to Portland, OR along highway 14 instead of the interstate. The drive without stops is looking to be slightly under four and a half hours, after which we would grab some dinner and maybe cruise downtown Portland if people are willing to be up a little late. It would be cool to end at John Reed's shop, but I seriously doubt I can make that happen. Anyway, let me know what works for you guys and I'll work on getting it set in stone.
-Dane
Supra Drive.jpg

Edit: Date has been nailed down to Sunday, September 1st. We will do the drive then check out the Red Door Meet in Portland. It is some car meet that looks to be pretty cool.

Edit again: This is the address to my Facebook event page./ It is public, so you should hopefully be able to see it.

Last edited:

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Looks like a sweet trip! Hope I can attend! Love all the fall colors in the PNW, makes up for the wet winters in my opinion.

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
I live in Portland, do you have a route planned with stopping points along the way? I'd maybe like to join you halfway through.

Sounds like fun, if my car is running, I'll be there! (bet that's going to be a common response...)

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Faye;1953997 said:
I live in Portland, do you have a route planned with stopping points along the way? I'd maybe like to join you halfway through.

Sounds like fun, if my car is running, I'll be there! (bet that's going to be a common response...)

Well, we will definitely be stopping a bit during the trip. I just looked at a few things on the map and Crow Butte Park seems to be a good candidate. They don't use the $30 ripoff known as the Discover Pass (which we finally broke down and had to buy), but they do require a $5 entry fee. Apparently in this day and age free doesn't exist anymore. Anyway, it is right up against the water, so we should have good photo opportunities. Oh, do you know anything about the Red Door Meets?

Bogwon;1953968 said:
Looks like a sweet trip! Hope I can attend! Love all the fall colors in the PNW, makes up for the wet winters in my opinion.

That is what we are hoping for. It seems like all the seasons have been delayed by a month or two, so hopefully the weather will still be really nice.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Villy253;1954102 said:
Damn I would love to go! I just don't know if my Supra can handle a trip that long. :(

Well, suprasick and I drove to Boise and back less than 6 days after I put the engine back in my car because of a rod knock, and it survived. I had to buy a new radiator while I was there because the old one had tiny cracks. It ran great on the drive back though. I will be bringing some wrenches and the factory service manual, so that should hopefully make things easier if there are issues. The nice thing about driving the highway vs the freeway is that we can drive a bit slower, so instead of turning 3,000 rpms, we can be chillin at 2,500. I'm not going to try and make this a race. I'm hoping this will just be a fun drive. If people have trouble, we will help as much as we can.

Pyro15D;1954126 said:
Well, suprasick and I drove to Boise and back less than 6 days after I put the engine back in my car because of a rod knock, and it survived. I had to buy a new radiator while I was there because the old one had tiny cracks. It ran great on the drive back though. I will be bringing some wrenches and the factory service manual, so that should hopefully make things easier if there are issues. The nice thing about driving the highway vs the freeway is that we can drive a bit slower, so instead of turning 3,000 rpms, we can be chillin at 2,500. I'm not going to try and make this a race. I'm hoping this will just be a fun drive. If people have trouble, we will help as much as we can.

Alright, I'll think about it a little more.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Well, I will approach this whole weekend armed with optimism. Hopefully that will be enough. I hope the Red Door Meet people aren't douches. I've been lucky so far in my Supra ownership to not really run into any.

chtulu

Aug 14, 2012
gold bar
I could meet in Portland. I live in Renton. This would be just in time to break in the new engine and clutch!

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
I updated the first post to show the event info. I'm debating on just everyone meeting for dinner somewhere in Portland then we all roll in to the red door meet. Who's down?

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Hell yeah! I'm looking forward to meeting more of the Supra people. It would be a nice way to close out the Summer before I go major surgery on the car this winter. The goal is 450hp by next summer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
I'll be attending a show at the gorge on the weekend before this but would still like to go if I can pull myself together for two road trip weekends in a row...