Supra almost ready...need a hand.

UT93sc300

Jul 18, 2010
Ohio (Tol/Cle)
I am about ready to get my supra up and running....except for this plug. I tried looking through the cygnus website but I cannot pin point which one it is.

Any help would be nice.

UPDATE:
Found where plug goes. Thanks for the help.

Now to the starting issue...
The engine will roll over but not start. There is spark and fuel. Some times there is a "purging" -ish sounds from the front right of the car. There is sometimes also a "clunking" type noise from the right side. The clunking noise is a deep sound.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
What all was done to the car? If you give us an idea of the work you performed, we can help you pinpoint the problem a bit more accurately. In the meantime, if you have spark and fuel, did you ever mess with timing? Did you have the motor apart?

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
UT93sc300;1626634 said:
yes and yes. there is an odd purging/blowing sound coming from the front right of the car, by the in/out of the intercooler.

loose ic pipe, massive boost/vac leaks, ecu thinks that air is going into the engine, but is really escaping somewhere in between the afm and throttle body

UT93sc300

Jul 18, 2010
Ohio (Tol/Cle)
Thanks, I checked all the pipes and tightened the connectors a bit. Still an issue...There is sometimes also a deep "clunking" type noise from the right side.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
shaeff;1626636 said:
What all was done to the car? If you give us an idea of the work you performed, we can help you pinpoint the problem a bit more accurately. In the meantime, if you have spark and fuel, did you ever mess with timing? Did you have the motor apart?

UT93sc300

Jul 18, 2010
Ohio (Tol/Cle)
Sorry. I replaced the head gasket and all other reachable gaskets when taking off the head. Put in a new head because the old one was cracked. Right now the td06 turbo is installed.
I checked and rechecked all the plugs and vacuum hoses.

I can try and post a video of the engine trying to start (and to capture the sounds) if that helps at all.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
UT93sc300;1626890 said:
Sorry. I replaced the head gasket and all other reachable gaskets when taking off the head. Put in a new head because the old one was cracked. Right now the td06 turbo is installed.
I checked and rechecked all the plugs and vacuum hoses.

I can try and post a video of the engine trying to start (and to capture the sounds) if that helps at all.

In that case, re-verify your timing. I would venture to say it's the number one reason a motor won't start after a rebuild- being out of time.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/content.php?181-How-To-basic-timing-instructions-CPS-alignment

UT93sc300

Jul 18, 2010
Ohio (Tol/Cle)
Thanks everyone for the help. Shaeff--The CPS was out. Thanks for the hand.

Its awesome to see this supra up and running. I took it for a test drive with the targa off and....wow.
Now I just need to get the title and put the rest of the exhaust on.