Suggestions on air jacks

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
I am interested in some type of air jacks for my vehicles. I figured this would be a good place as any for some input. Where would be a good place to buy and what type is the best.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Air jack? Like floor air jack? Whats wrong with a regular floor jack? Curious as it just seems like more work to me.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I would think only a few people would use them so idk. Seems like more work having to get a air hose and turn compressor on if its not already then to just get jack and pump a couple time.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Air powered floor jacks dont sound safe to me, unless they have some sort of mechanical ratcheting safety system also. But then your back to, why not use a regular hydro jack.

I dont know if you have used one before, but there are jacks that rise very quickly until they reach the load, then function like a normal jack (no more 100 pumps, just to reach the undercarriage of the car). I have one and will never look back. Cant think of what they're called though.

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Air jacks are fine, but most of the ones I've seen are based off of bottle jacks, and there's no way in hell you're getting one of them under a supra :rofl:

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
I wouldn't, I did some research on the F1 type that mounts in the car. Well they are heavy and alot of work, personally I think they are a waste of time and money.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1680663 said:
Air jacks are fine, but most of the ones I've seen are based off of bottle jacks, and there's no way in hell you're getting one of them under a supra :rofl:
Could fit if you were to recess it into the concrete, but that would be a LOT easier to do before putting down the concrete... There's an idea for if I ever built my own house or garage.

mkiiichip;1680640 said:
I dont know if you have used one before, but there are jacks that rise very quickly until they reach the load, then function like a normal jack (no more 100 pumps, just to reach the undercarriage of the car). I have one and will never look back. Cant think of what they're called though.

I got a floor jack from Checker, Power Tool brand I believe, something like a 6 ton capacity? Anyway, it's a 'spider' jack, gets under damn near anything, even my brother's 64 Impala that sits even lower than my Supras. Takes about 2 pumps of the jack to raise it up to most cars, and about 4 more after that to get it high enough to change tires. One of the best $100 I've spent on a tool.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
te72;1680918 said:
I got a floor jack from Checker, Power Tool brand I believe, something like a 6 ton capacity? Anyway, it's a 'spider' jack, gets under damn near anything, even my brother's 64 Impala that sits even lower than my Supras. Takes about 2 pumps of the jack to raise it up to most cars, and about 4 more after that to get it high enough to change tires. One of the best $100 I've spent on a tool.

Link to actual item? That sounds awesome!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
supra90turbo;1680934 said:
Link to actual item? That sounds awesome!
Gimme a sec, I'll see if I can find the current thing in "O'reiley's" part list... Seems they don't have the same part anymore, but there are a few that are similar:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/ACD9/34700.oap?pt=N0768&ppt=C0373

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/ACD9/34122.oap?pt=N0768&ppt=C0373

I bought mine in the middle of a snow storm so I could put my winter tires on so I just bought the first one they had that would work, but if I were buying a new one, I'd probably go for the following one, 3.5" clearance:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/ACD9/34745.oap?pt=N0768&ppt=C0373

Rajunz;1681320 said:
22 TON??? I figure that's more for heavy duty trucks, I have my doubts that it would fit under a car like ours. Cool idea though, would be sweet to adapt the idea of a jack like mine...

Pay attention to the minimum lifting height on the jack in the link below. I don't think my car has any point under it that's 9.5" off the ground. ;)

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/ACD9/34703.oap?pt=N0768&ppt=C0373