stuttering as rpms get around 4000

ft413

learner
Sep 23, 2008
EL
basiclly what the title says. as i floor it in 3rd gear or higher( not as noticable in lower gears) the car will start to stutter and hold back. i have no idea was the could be. its just started after i put the lexus afm on. so thats the only thing i could think of. any help would be greatful thank you

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'd check for any codes you may be throwing and I'd also check the plugs. Are they old? What are they gapped at? Have you checked for boost leaks?

ft413

learner
Sep 23, 2008
EL
suprahero;1157590 said:
I'd check for any codes you may be throwing and I'd also check the plugs. Are they old? What are they gapped at? Have you checked for boost leaks?

im almost positve there stock and theres 97 thousand miles on the car

ft413;1157566 said:
basiclly what the title says. as i floor it in 3rd gear or higher( not as noticable in lower gears) the car will start to stutter and hold back. i have no idea was the could be. its just started after i put the lexus afm on. so thats the only thing i could think of. any help would be greatful thank you

Hmmm...did you put 550's along with that lex? Also check for codes.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
If they're gapped too wide, they'll start breaking up in higher rpms, but it could be a number of things.

gtimportfanatic

Mk3 Addict
May 21, 2008
Hartford CT
take that AFM off and put the stocker back on right now!!!! .. ur running too much air and not enough fuel.. same thing happened to me.. u need the bigger injectors to run the AFM