Stupidly Expensive Stuff That All Men Want

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
No SC, not a big tank like that Bell...Hughes 500(A model thru D model. I think the E and beyond looks dumb :shrug: )
hughes_500D.jpg

If I had to pick a plane instead tho, without a doubt it would be the Turbine Toucan. It is a biplane with a turbine powerplant :D
alpha_row_aviary.jpg

General Performance Specifications:
VNE : N/A
Cruise : N/A
Rate of Climb : 9500/fpm.
Roll Rate : 350 degrees/sec.
Stall Speed : 64mph
G loading : +6/-4 routine
G loading Ultimate : +9/-7.5 Horsepower : 750shp
Propeller : 4 blade composite 100” dia.
Fuel Capacity : 94 Gal. Jet-A
Thrust : 3300lbs.
600 Mile Range w/reserves
Firewall Forward Detail:

Nacelle or cowling is entirely made of carbon fiber. The intake or plenum is a venturi design with proprietary 90º turning vane for increased efficiency and reduced ITT temperatures.

The Propeller is a MT-Propeller specifically made for the Turbine Toucan. It is an MTV-16 with 100" diameter and is full range, fully reversible. Spinner is made of Kevlar.

Solid State Ignition system is provided by Unison Industries. Ignition system includes Exciters, Ignitors and leads.

The engine employs a proprietary oil system design to increase vertical duration.
Airframe Detail:

Wings incorporate full span ailerons which not only increase roll rate but also vectors thrust while hovering in the vertical. Wings and fuselage are all double covered to increase strength, due to both high speed and excessive thrust.

Cockpit has unique innovations including a custom canopy and frame system, custom carbon fiber seat, custom made throttle quadrant, fully adjustable rudder pedals and two independent Halon fire systems.

skip forward to 2:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swhSLbQHL74&feature=related

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
flight doc89;1559104 said:
No SC, not a big tank like that Bell...Hughes 500(A model thru D model. I think the E and beyond looks dumb :shrug: )

That's like telling me to buy a Porche GT3 when I was in the market for a limousine... Different animal.

flight doc89;1559104 said:
If I had to pick a plane instead tho, without a doubt it would be the Turbine Toucan. It is a biplane with a turbine powerplant :D

Unreal performance.

IJ.;1559105 said:
A "girlfriend" ;)

:: facepalm ::

Oh, here's another toy on my list:

20incase1.jpg

20mmbipod.jpg

• 3000 yard range
  • 1600 grain bullet
  • 3300 ft per second
  • Only weighs 39 pounds
  • Takes 20mm Vulcan ammo (percussion primed)

bulletsizes.jpg

From left to right: .223 - .338 Lapua - .50 BMG - 20mm Vulcan

Not really stupidly expensive @ only $6,800 - but rounds will cost you $10 a piece ($15 if you want tracers).