Stupid people

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Ok so I was on the A93 here in Germany, pulling at .6 bar. The next thing I know, I lost all boost, and I had water all over the passenger side of the windshield. Not to mention my temp gauge was rising faster then a homeless man in The Red Light District. I talked to one of my friends in the UK that used to own this car and he informed me it has 2mm Cometic metal HG, and JE pistons. This should not have blown the gasket like that. I could understand the rings or something but a HG? So, I messaged him on Facebook asking why it would have blown with a 2mm MHG and JE forged pistons. He wrote back informing me that he had installed all of that and when he sold it to someone else ( the guy I got it from ) the new owner spun a bearing. Then a composite HG was slapped in there. Still waiting to find out if it was the standard size or not. If it was I'm going to hire someone there in the UK to hunt him down and slash his thr....I mean tires. If it was a standard size HG then that fucked up my compression among other things. Needless to say, I go tomorrow with a trailer a friend is donating, and another friend's Jeep, to go and get it. Once it gets back here.....Open Heart surgery time. I will post a few pics of the damage once I get it out and opened up. I can only pray to the Car Gods that it is only a HG issue. Already went ahead and ordered new rings and a full engine gasket set......GOD I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS CAR HOME TO TAKE IT TO DRIFT MOTION FOR MY 2J SWAP!!!!! Oh yes Aaron, it is coming your way for a full swap come spring of 2014 ( when it comes home )

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Bad to hear but hard to believe that a head gasket would cause all that much coolant to come out. Also a composite gasket is not bad they are good gaskets. Lastly you can raise the compression and not have a problem, you said you are running .6 bar so around just under 8psi not really that much and the compression gain with milling and machining is a small amount and at the stock ratio of a gte you should be ok with a compression gain if you are only running 8psi.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Nick M;1585561 said:
So, is it really the heater core hose off the union bolt?

HUH???? What are you talking about with the heater core?

metaphysico;1585575 said:
Bad to hear but hard to believe that a head gasket would cause all that much coolant to come out. Also a composite gasket is not bad they are good gaskets. Lastly you can raise the compression and not have a problem, you said you are running .6 bar so around just under 8psi not really that much and the compression gain with milling and machining is a small amount and at the stock ratio of a gte you should be ok with a compression gain if you are only running 8psi.

Well, when I got the hood open, which took some brave handy work I might add, the coolant over flow tank was shaking worse then Ozzy Osbourne's hands. Then when I refilled the radiator, it went from a nice bright green color to a muddy light brown.
The whole compression thing was brought up because of the machining for a 2mm gasket, and then there might have been a stock one installed. There were several times when I was boosting 1bar so..... I was rather worried when I found that out.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You said you had water all over the passenger side of the windshield. That is not indicative of a blown head gasket. Did you describe your problem wrong?

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
No I didn't describe it wrong, but, you have to remember that I was moving at higher speeds. I checked the hoses you described earlier and they are all really tight and no cracks. I started it today just to see if there was severe rod knock or anything like that, but there wasn't. It struggled to start at first, and when it did there was a sound like metal rubbing for about 2 seconds. Then it cleared up and I shut it down. Tear down is delayed until Wednesday morning thanks to an emergency dental visit for me tomorrow. Gotta get this damn tooth out before I pull a Tom Hanks in Cast Away ( used ice skate to knock his tooth out. )

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I friend of mine bought a dsm a while back that wouldnt run, took the head off to find out the block was bored .040 over with standard bore pistons and rings,,,,lmao,,, first time i ever saw piston wiggle,,

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
91Supra313;1585881 said:
No I didn't describe it wrong, but, you have to remember that I was moving at higher speeds. I checked the hoses you described earlier and they are all really tight and no cracks.

It was something you needed to check before tearing it apart.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Nick M;1585956 said:
It was something you needed to check before tearing it apart.

Yep, I freaked out when my rear engine hose exploded on my 7m, thought BHG BHG, but was just the hose lol.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Well as it turns out, there WAS a metal headgasket in there after all. so now the motor is completely shot we are going to ship it home without the motor in it, and when it does get back to the states, in 2013, we are going to swap in a 2JZ.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
well as it turns out the original guy that imported it from Japan is wanting to get it back from me along with my jeep cherokee, in trade for his HKS Supra. Which in turn is a US spec one. So I could ship it the day after it gets here. BUT and that is a huge but, How many people in the US have RHD GT Limited Supras, with a 2JZGTE? I can only think of rich people or people that work for racing companies.