Stumbling at 5psi

Tnice17

May 26, 2014
CT
ryostyle;2077108 said:
Still have code 51, need to remove the throttle body to access the bottom Phillips screw. The shop today said it loses fuel pressure under load, essentially a fuel cut issue.

The fuel pressure isn't keeping up with demand.

The previous owner put in a Walbro.

Could be a clogged fuel filter or a kink in the line. Maybe they botched it dropping the tank.

From my knowledge this can be the culprit.

Tnice17

May 26, 2014
CT
Might be worth lowering the tank and look at the fuel sending unit. The float controls the fuel gauge.

Also would be a good place to start and check going foward to the engine, will also be a good opportunity to change the fuel filter, cheap and easy being right there. Look at the small section of rubber fuel line on the pump inside the tank, have seen those crack too.

ryostyle

Aug 11, 2010
Sacramento, CA
The inside of the tank is rusted! Fuel sock is very gunky. I have it sitting in Acetone now in a bucket. The hose was fine. This is for a drift car so I cut an access panel through the trunk and cut the hardened fuel line that goes to the flared nut and flared both ends of the hard pipe so I can put fuel hose and fuel clamps on later. Never seen a tank this rusty.

ryostyle

Aug 11, 2010
Sacramento, CA
the previous owner had vented the line that was supposed to go from the tank to the charcoal canister, it probably helped accelerate the rust process

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Ooof thatll do it... are you going to seal the tank? They sell some pretty decent kits that dissolve the rust and then seal it at parts stores

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
ryostyle;2076900 said:
No it wasn't but I haven't done anything but adjust the idle screw

Putting your foot on the throttle while TE1 and E1 are shorted will do it also. You don't have to floor it, just open the IDL contacts to set it.