Strange things found while working on Supras.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
JERX88;1275683 said:
A friend and I were changing my shift boot and e-brake boot today, and when we took the dash piece out we found a mint. It was a "scripture mint" to be more precise. Along with finding the mint, I found multiple church related parts on or in my car. I have a jesus badge on the back, and found church business cards when I cleaned out the back. Maybe a holy supra?

It is strange that I find all of these christian related parts on my supra, condsidering the mk4 in the city next to mine has been spotted pulling into church a few times and we believe him to be a preist/pastor/father.

perhaps god drives a supra too?

I was thinking about how "back in the day" the Supra was quite a fancy upscale car to have. Doesnt seem right if a clergyman is vowing poverty to be driving one.

However, nowadays, thats the sole explanation of driving one :biglaugh:

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
5l_eater;1275918 said:
is it me or does it seem like alot of ppl have found bud ,does this mean supra owners are pot heads?

might mean pot was prominent in the 80s :sarcasm:

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
I was running my 10awg wire for my mkiv fuel pump this weekend.
I pulled out the back seat cushion and found a full .45cal magazine under it, no pistol though.

iskrem

Oct 1, 2008
Norway, Gardermoen
I lost my screwdriver over the bellhouse/transmission when I tried to poke out my stuck wrench from the EGR cooler after I tightend it. :icon_surp

Whenever I drive I can smell melted plastic. :icon_surp

Mondo

May 26, 2009
Wisconsin
Found 3 Magnums tucked inside the center console.

p1403015_1.jpg

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
...melted jolly rancher in the glove box...ill keep an eye out for other cool stuff when i pull the interior later. however, after i bought the car i found out that i was getting boxes of goodies for a motor rebuild (pistons, rings, bearings...basically everything except arps, machining, and a mhg) all unopened of course :)

WesPatt

Dec 3, 2008
Nashville Tennessee
When me and my friend were restoring my 89 mk3 we found a 9mm bullet, and a pen, with "Federal Bureau of Investigations" on the side of it, in the passenger door. o_O

I think it was pretty definitive what the first owner of the car did for a living... lol

Bri7man

"Yeah! Take the lemons.."
Jul 17, 2009
Torrance, CA
Under seat/carpet: Bananna peel, jellybeans, crayons from the 80's, pencil, sunflower seeds, little league receipt for kids uniforms, 9-11 "we will remember" pin, Dior cologne bottle.

Sounds like a very busy father with kids was in my supras life:)

Toink

Aug 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
school of goldfish and a few lollipops under the back seats when I redid my interior, I'm guessing this was from the first owner who had children. When I bought it from the second owner (me being the 3rd owner and first car :icon_bigg) I found an empty box of condoms as well as the directions in the arm rest compartment on the way home from buying the car with my dad driving. That was an awkward moment :3d_frown:. No wonder the second owner was going through a divorce at the time haha.

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
i've only started tearing into mine but i've found some REALLY REALLY crappy stereo/amp wiring, a completely rusted through multi-tool, and a nearly mint set of tools/jacks.

oh, and a bhg :p, but i knew that was coming.

i'll be pulling my carpet and seats out soon lol

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I was out in a field where we had found an 83 celica supra abandoned. A buddy of mines dad owned the field and we were going to tow the car back to my house. I poped the hood and there was a snake laying in the spark plug galley of the 5m that was in it. It was probley 3 feet long. I freaked out because i'm deathly afraid of snakes and hauled ass out of there. My buddy stuck around and tried to pick the snake up. I told him he was insane afterwards.