strange sound..

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
Ok so at around 1.5k rpms my supra is making sort of a metallic ratteling, almost grinding sound. It's not really loud, and doesn't sound like bad grinding, but grinding none the less.

It only happens when the car is driving, it won't do it when i rev to 1.5rpms in neutral. Also, it sounds like its coming from the rear end of the car. I was listening to it on my way home, and it kicked on at exactly 1.5 rpms, any higher it goes away, and if i maintain 1.5 rpms it goes away too. idk what it is, but it worries me.
Any advice would help, im just freaked out and hope it's not something bad, (i dont think its rod knock, but idk much about cars yet...)

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
mine does something similar. if your not working today, let me know and i will meet up with you somewhere so i can take a listen.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
johnathan1 said:
Could be your exhaust rattling...Supra's seems to resonate really loudly around 1.5-2k RPMs.

yup, mine does the same thing. but he said he only hears it in first.

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
yeah, i think its something with my exaust, it only makes the noise when im driving really slow, at like 30mph it stops. sounds like it has something to do with airflow? idk.
idk a whole lot about cars yet, im learning.