Stop Buying From Ebay Sellers - SSAutoChrome, XS Power & the MANY other names used

terrenceLP

Mar 22, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
I'd like to start by saying this rant came about after dealing with both sides of the fence.
The guys that STAND BEHIND their products deserve credit and respect for what they are able to do. AMEN Brothers! My Money is on it's way!:biglaugh:

*MOST IMPORTANT PART - Go To The Vendor Section and *ONLY Buy From There to ALSO support Our Community.

On to the facts.....
This fact is a total opposite when talking about; they have been setting up multiple ebay accounts to thwart seller profiles that get too many negative reviews, then post bogus reviews to get a new account started. It's a web harvesting scam technique use to build FAKE credibility on ebay among other places.

SSAutoChrome Inc.
1-919-528-1739 Fax Order Line (really who still fax's)
Department E-mail Contact: (nobody)
Customer Service & Product Inquiry:
sales@ssautochrome.com (really then why TOC going to PLAZACOMPLEX9197@YAHOO.COM)

Also DBA

XS-POWER
817 BEAVER DAM ROAD
CREEDMOOR , NC 27522 - 7107

HOW TO ORDER
Fax us at 919-528-1739 (really a fax again, C'mon man!)
Email: sales@xs-power.com (TOC going to PLAZACOMPLEX9197@YAHOO.COM - not cool)

This gem of a condition
CHARGEBACKS
If, for any reason, customer claims a Chargeback on their Credit Card for an item purchased from SSAutoChrome Inc. or XS-Power Inc and does not return the item(s) claimed in Chargeback, SSAutoChrome Inc. and XS-Power Inc. will seek law enforcement and legal assistance to retreive(check spelling please) said item(s).
PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE

This basically means, if you can't get a hold of us F U!
Before sending anything back for any reason please email us and get a return authorization form emailed to you. You will need to include this form in the box with your return. We will not accept any returns without this form - NO EXCEPTIONS!

WTF warranty -
Any claim made under this 30 day warranty must be pre-approved by SSAutoChrome Inc before returning the item. You will be required to provide valid proof of date of purchase. Customer will be responsible for shipping costs related to returning the product for warranty consideration. We will not honor any warranty claims if made past the 30 day period.

More reason? Why Sure just look below - taken from three different ebay seller profiles, too many to track down.

ssautochrome-xspower.jpgssautopower.jpgxspower.jpg

How to do something that can matter - IRS is coming on board next.

FTC official filing -
FTC-Filing.jpg

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Never had a drama with SSAC....

If you'd seen the number of the "Good Guys" that have sold stuff here "For the Community" over the 10 or so years I've been a member that have gone on to lose the plot and end up ripping people off for rather large amounts of money you'd be thinking differently, it usually follows a pattern we've become good at spotting and these days they lose their Vendor status before they can do too much harm.

terrenceLP

Mar 22, 2011
It had to be said.

I agree with your post but with the advances in communication there is no reason for these sellers to be hiding behind fake shit.
No phone answered, no prompt email reply??? That is not how to run a business and at the very least the supra community can put a stop to that.

As a Digital Strategist & Webmaster, I would be stoned if I ran my business in this manner.
And the Yutes that are new to the game should not have to deal with this in the name of Progress.

Let it rain!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
terrenceLP;1933669 said:
It had to be said.

I agree with your post but with the advances in communication there is no reason for these sellers to be hiding behind fake shit.
No phone answered, no prompt email reply??? That is not how to run a business and at the very least the supra community can put a stop to that.

As a Digital Strategist & Webmaster, I would be stoned if I ran my business in this manner.
And the Yutes that are new to the game should not have to deal with this in the name of Progress.

Let it rain!

The Supra Community are the biggest offenders....

Lost count how many times I've seen Vendors disappear then come back with the excuse "Do you want me to Make parts or Answer E-Mails"... it's BULLSHIT, my primary income for a LOT of years was Web Based and I always found time to communicate with my customers, even if something had gone wrong people are very understanding as long as they know there's a reason and haven't been left to imagine the worst....

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
Bad communication always seems to be the first sign of a business going bad. Like IJ, I have seen it many times within the car communities themselves, so you have to be careful. I think there are people who may have talent at making car parts, but zero talent and/or drive to run an actual business. They end up trying to do both and at best only succeeding at one, at worst failing at both and leaving customers with empty hands and empty pockets.

ANYWAYS that doesn't really apply IMO to the SSAC/XS-Power/all other chinese made, rip-off other companies designs and make with cheapest labor type companies. You get what you pay for, and I have little sympathy for anyone who knows better and buys from companies like that. Can't expect to pay macaroni prices and get caviar customer service/parts.

terrenceLP

Mar 22, 2011
Wait it get's worse....

READ THIS - ebay-users-to-lose-their-right-to-join-class-action-lawsuits#

So how do you opt out of eBay’s “no class action lawsuit” arbitration clause?

According to eBay’s own “Opt-Out Procedure”:

You can choose to reject this Agreement to Arbitrate ("opt-out") by mailing us a written opt-out notice ("Opt-Out Notice"). For new eBay users, the Opt-Out Notice must be postmarked no later than 30 days after the date you accept the User Agreement for the first time. If you are already a current eBay user and previously accepted the User Agreement prior to the introduction of this Agreement to Arbitrate, the Opt-Out Notice must be postmarked no later than November 9, 2012. You must mail the Opt-Out Notice to eBay Inc., c/o National Registered Agents, Inc., 2778 W. Shady Bend Lane, Lehi, UT 84043.

We also found this handy form letter to use for the eBay Opt-Out Notice in the eBay forum:

(add your name)
(add your address)
(add today’s date)

eBay Inc.
c/o National Registered Agents, Inc.
2778 W. Shady Bend Lane
Lehi, UT 84043

Dear eBay Inc.:

This is an opt-out notice. I do not agree to eBay’s Agreement to Arbitrate. I am writing this letter in accordance with the terms stated in the eBay User Agreement, which require that I express my rejection and include my name, address, user ID(s), and e-mail address(es) associated with my eBay account in a letter signed by me and postmarked by November 9, 2012. This opt-out notice applies to:

Name:
Address:
User ID(s):
E-mail address(es):

Regards,
(sign your name)